Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sebastian Deppermann, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7.

However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro key, its says "we can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license".

So what am i supossed to do now ?

I spend money on a key but cant use it ?

How can i change my digital license key and where ?

:)

Sebastian Deppermann, Oct 8, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 8, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

1. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade. - Similar Threads - Home Digital License

2. Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....: At first i did upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 after i installed windows 10 in my new pc where the digital license autometically activate my windows 10,then it seems fine which the windows 11 home is already activated. However because of some hardware problem, i...
  3. Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home From Windows 10 Home And Failed to recognize the Digital License....: At first i did upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 after i installed windows 10 in my new pc where the digital license autometically activate my windows 10,then it seems fine which the windows 11 home is already activated. However because of some hardware problem, i...
  4. Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.: On my old laptop I had a Windows 10 Pro license that was linked to my microsoft account. On my new laptop it came with Windows 10 home and I want to swap that to the Pro license I have. How do I do this, as I don't have the pro product key to hand anymore?...
  5. Windows 10 Home digital license.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Home digital license.: Could you please help me to buy Windows 10 Home digital license? I live in Honduras. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-digital-license/f0ed8ecd-53d5-4e16-8a12-d5b80339f077
  6. Windows 10 home activation with digital license

Windows 10 home activation with digital license: I had a genuine windows 7 which was migrated to windows 10 home automatically and linked with Microsoft with digital license. RAM was 2 GB. But recently I had made a change of RAM to 6GB, and inserted 120 GB SSD on CD rom drive by a service centre. The service centre told me...
  7. Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license

Reinstalling of windows 10 home digital license: Can I uninstall windows from my laptop which came with pre installed windows 10 home? I want to install windows again but after some time. Is it possible to do so?...
  8. Window 10 upgrade digital license?

Window 10 upgrade digital license?: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to windows 10 HOME . I have been browsing the store and I cant seem to find a software copy/license key. I only want to purchase the product key via online (I don't want to buy a hard copy and have it delivered to me). Can I...
  9. windows 10 home digital license

windows 10 home digital license: Is a window s 10 home digital license valid for a life time, just like the product key, 2019 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-digital-license/67d77557-d403-4c1e-a10d-ccfa26185189"
  10. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...