Windows 10: Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ?

Discus and support Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I use VMware hypervisor on a daily basis right, everything used to work fine till I updated to 1903 I'm running Windows 10 Home 1903. Focus On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HardikManocha, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ?

So I use VMware hypervisor on a daily basis

right, everything used to work fine till I updated to 1903

I'm running Windows 10 Home 1903. Focus On Home

I saw the changelog and found out about that Windows Defender Application Guard

I was intrigued by the features it provides and I didn't saw that it was for win 10 pro and enterprise

but somehow that cmdlet to enable windows feature ran successfully

in my powershell

and I was forced to reboot after that

then I installed the store app and yes it showed that the feature is not available for home

that's it

I left it as it is,

yesterday I was trying to load my VMs in vmware and it prompted the control guard or DG is enabled

but those features don't even exist in win home

Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_DeviceGuard -Namespace root\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceGuard

the official doc says the class Win32_DeviceGuard is only available in win enterprise

and I received this result

AvailableSecurityProperties : {1, 3, 7} CodeIntegrityPolicyEnforcementStatus : 0 InstanceIdentifier : xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx RequiredSecurityProperties : {0} SecurityServicesConfigured : {0} SecurityServicesRunning : {0} UsermodeCodeIntegrityPolicyEnforcementStatus : 0 Version : 1.0 VirtualizationBasedSecurityStatus : 2 PSComputerName :

everything seems disabled except the VirtBasedSecStatus that is enabled and running (2)

I cleared the temp so I can;t go back to previous builds

YES

and my restore points were created after I enabled that features

I need my VMs

what should I do

at first I thought modifying the registry with a key that is null for VirtBasedSec but that didn't help | got into a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG BSOD

but then where is the Get-CimInstance extracting its data from

:)

HardikManocha, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  4. ddelo Win User

Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ?

ddelo, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ?

1. Windows 10 home does not support windows application guard but ? - Similar Threads - home does support

2. Windows Defender Application Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Application Guard: Windows Defender Application Guard is listed on my windows features in control Panel but it's out of colour and when I try to turn on the feature it says my device configuration doesn't support it....
  3. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: Hi, could you please advise if need to install Hypervisor feature in Windows 10 devices install and configure Windows Defender Application Guard? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-application-guard/reqs-wd-app-guard...
  4. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I found the instructions for installing and setting up Application Guard using GPO. We have moved our entire infrastructure to Microsoft 365 in the cloud so how do you set up Application Guard using Intune policies?...
  5. Device Guard in Windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Guard in Windows 10 home?: ee what's weird is you can't do this in win home So I updated to Win 1903 yesterday and don't know why I tried to enable Windows 10 defender application guard using that powershell command what's wrong is that Windows 10 home has no support for it so there is no...
  6. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I like Windows Defender Application Guard and think it is great for browsing. But I do have a query, what is the best behaviour? Is it better to use it just for less reputable websites or it is safer to use it for all of my browsing, even trustworthy sites because they can be...
  7. Windows Defender Application Guard?

Windows Defender Application Guard?: I noticed a setting to enable Windows Defender Application Guard in Edge but can't find discussion of it on the forum. Has anyone used this feature and found it useful? 128727
  8. Application Guard in 1809 Home Edition

Application Guard in 1809 Home Edition: Good Morning, I have done a clean install of W10 1809 HOME Edition and I'm confused as to whether I should have Application Guard available for me to install. I can see that up to 1803 it was only available to PRO versions but I can't see whether 1809 HOME should now have...
  9. Windows Application Guard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Application Guard: Windows Application Guard is on my Windows Features but its greyed out . I turned on Hyper -V but its made no difference . Hasn't it been rolled out to the public yet...
  10. Does Windows 10 home support smb3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 home support smb3: Using windows 10 home as a test bed I cannot seem to connect to server 12 with smb3. Does win10home support smb3 or do I need to upgrade to pro? Thanks. 91124