Windows 10: Windows 10 Home download size?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home download size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I've been getting conflicting Google answers here. I'm wanting to do a full, legit, clean installation of Windows 10 on my computer (currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SleeplessTaxidermist, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home download size?

Hi all!

I've been getting conflicting Google answers here. I'm wanting to do a full, legit, clean installation of Windows 10 on my computer (currently trapped in a Automatic Repair loop and turns out it's not even legit Windows! Fun!). It's the ONLY computer I have and we're still semi-locked down - so I'll be cowboying this and downloading it on to a micro SD and then putting that into a USB adapter to get it on there.

Thing is, I've been getting answers anywhere from 4 to 45 gigs. How many gigs is the actual installation download? I just need to get the right sized card.

submitted by /u/SleeplessTaxidermist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SleeplessTaxidermist, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 6, 2021
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Home download size?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home download size?

1. Windows 10 Home download size? - Similar Threads - Home download size

2. Download size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download size.: Hi there, can I download a 10 GB file with only 8GB's of RAM. Thank you, with regards, Robert. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-size/00f3bfd5-7736-404e-9ce2-b4a8403efab9
  3. Download size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download size.: Hi there, can I download a 10 GB file with only 8GB's of RAM. Thank you, with regards, Robert. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-size/00f3bfd5-7736-404e-9ce2-b4a8403efab9
  4. Windows 10 Home Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Download: New hardware, and I had to get an OS so I figured the Windows 10 .ios would have an option for it and it didn't. Does anyone know where to find the Windows 10 Home download so I can activate my Windows?...
  5. Windows Home 10 not downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home 10 not downloading: Hello, I bought Windows Home 10 from you on 1/21/20, order number 7524890113. I also spoke to Sven on 1/21/20 reference # 1493129193 to buy it on line and have it sent to my email. Everything was sent and I tried to download it on my computer. It would go all the way thru...
  6. size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.: How can I increase the size of a file name? Files with long names I can not open them. Thank, Juan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-a-file-name-in-windows-10-home-x64/1c332197-4d07-43f4-9065-bcc2f6fee837"
  7. windows 10 home download

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home download: i have the product key but my disk got scratched https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-download/689ae34c-8ff7-4506-948c-edace86c0871
  8. Windows 10 Home download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home download: My hard drive broke which had Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8, and a new hard drive was installed. The new hard drive came with Windows Enterprise installed on it which must have been for a limited period because I keep getting a message saying it's going to expire soon....
  9. Windows 10 home media download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 home media download: Good day all, Might be a dumb question When you install or re-install Windows 10 home, why do you receive all the extra files that are not available to the home version, ie., Hyper-V, Bitlocker, Device Guard, AppLocker, etc? All these files are downloaded and installed but...
  10. Windows 10 download size

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 download size: Hi I have a question which Id like to ask being new at this I need to understand the answer. My question... Why are windows 10 downloads so large? Im talking about the insider builds and I can understand that if you are on windows 7 or something the first time you...