Windows 10: Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a new HP laptop with an SSD and HDD. The HDD is encrypted and I would like to create a password to use instead of the 48-digit key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James__N, Oct 11, 2021.

1. James__N Win User

Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

I just got a new HP laptop with an SSD and HDD. The HDD is encrypted and I would like to create a password to use instead of the 48-digit key. Instructions I can find only pertain to BitLocker. Under Settings->Update & Security->Device Encryption the only item is to turn encryption on or off.I believe if I sign in with my MS account the drive is unlocked for me but I would like to use a local account and have an easier password for the encrypted drive. Is this possible?

:)

James__N, Oct 11, 2021
  2. TomOlson1 Win User

Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

Have had my HP Envy for 6 months and the OS is windows 10 Home edition. On Tuesday the screen went blue asking for the 48 digit Bitlocker Key code. I never set that up and This edition should not have that installed. I went to the CMD Prompt to view all
    Key Protectors and it gave me the Recovery Key ID (alpha-numeric) and TPM ID but no password. There is no stored 48 digit password in my microsoft account but it does show Bitlocker On for C drive. Microsoft told me to call HP. HP said there was some conflict
    with an upgraded BIOS and to get a 32 G flash drive. I'm not tech savvy. Just want access to my laptop and files. All I have access to is the command prompt line. Ideas?

TomOlson1, Oct 11, 2021
  3. AsimGabol Win User
    I saved my bitlocker key in protected drive and forget password

I saved my 48 digit bitlocker key in drive which i was encrypting. Now i am helpless to open my drived without a password or bitlocker key.

I have only key ID in the form of

4D94737E-B010-××××-××××-××××××××××××

AsimGabol, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive
    nothing happens. No message telling me its the incorrect key, no unlocking of the drive, it just freezes and stays as a little window in the top right of my screen unable to back out.

Support has tried to help by directing me to my Microsoft account page to find a current recovery key but my page says no such devices are connected.

I do not recall linking this BitLocker to my Microsoft account and I only have the one account. I am at a total loss as how to retrieve my documents on that external drive.

Is there anything else that I can do to recover these files? Please help

kippodiluk, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

1. Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key? - Similar Threads - Home drive encryption

2. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    48 digit recovery key to unlock drive: F21A4034 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/48-digit-recovery-key-to-unlock-drive/7462c078-cfd6-48f1-bd3d-38fd51c7dc11
  3. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    48 digit recovery key to unlock drive: F21A4034 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/48-digit-recovery-key-to-unlock-drive/7462c078-cfd6-48f1-bd3d-38fd51c7dc11
  4. 48 digit recovery key to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?: I just got a new HP laptop with an SSD and HDD. The HDD is encrypted and I would like to create a password to use instead of the 48-digit key. Instructions I can find only pertain to BitLocker. Under Settings->Update & Security->Device Encryption the only item is to turn...
  6. Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home drive encryption: can I set an easier password than the 48-digit key?: I just got a new HP laptop with an SSD and HDD. The HDD is encrypted and I would like to create a password to use instead of the 48-digit key. Instructions I can find only pertain to BitLocker. Under Settings->Update & Security->Device Encryption the only item is to turn...
  7. bitlocker recovery key 48 digit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker recovery key 48 digit: Hello,My company have the bitlocker, and recently I plug in my external hard drive, and it got locked. and I do not know how to get the 48 digit recovery key. I only have identification key that gives me when I try to open external hard drive.Please tell me what can I do,...
  8. Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition: Have had my HP Envy for 6 months and the OS is windows 10 Home edition. On Tuesday the screen went blue asking for the 48 digit Bitlocker Key code. I never set that up and This edition should not have that installed. I went to the CMD Prompt to view all Key Protectors and...
  9. enter the 48-digit recovery key to unlock this drive key id 9b45326b

enter the 48-digit recovery key to unlock this drive key id 9b45326b: Dear sir mam my laptop is bitlocker probalm enter the 48-digit recovery key to unlock this drive key id 9b45326b pls help you thunku sir...
  10. Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password

Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password: Hi, I have had problem on my Dell laptop when I start my laptop, the Windows was crashed with no reason and it was requesting for the restore factory settings . As soon as the restore settings completed, I am unable to access my E drive, asking 48 digit bit locker...