Windows 10: Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions

Discus and support Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer that needs to be encrypted with bitlocker for my school, but apparently Home doesn't allow this. I am hoping encryption... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VDD94, Jun 26, 2020.

1. VDD94 Win User

Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions

I just bought a new computer that needs to be encrypted with bitlocker for my school, but apparently Home doesn't allow this. I am hoping encryption settings are still available??,

but my system information shows that I "elevation required to view" the device encryption status. Is there someway to "elevate" my control?

long story short, I need to get my device encrypted. Please help.

Thanks.

:)

VDD94, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jun 27, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions

Windows 10 the requested operation requires elevation LibreOffice files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to give administrator permissions to the desired folder and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desired folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’
      to given permission to all the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.
    Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance in this regard.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions

1. Windows 10 Home ecryption, elevation, and permissions - Similar Threads - Home ecryption elevation

2. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is running everything with elevated permissions: Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is running everything with elevated permissions after logging in.I'm not sure if it was a registry or group policy change that could have caused this.Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  5. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  6. Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM

in Windows 10 News
    Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM: [IMG]When you run the DISM command on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Error: 740 – Elevated Permissions are required to run DISM output. This post offers the most applicable fix to this error on your system. When this issue occurs, you will receive an...
  7. Deleted user account and ecrypted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted user account and ecrypted files: Hello everyone, I have 2 users on my computer. I encrypt files on 2 user, but accidentally deleted 2 user lates . Now I cant access files from 1 user. How can I solve this problem, also I cant restore files , I don't have backup files....
  8. Quick Assist and Elevation/Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist and Elevation/Permissions: Hello, I am trying to assist a family member with a computer problem remotely using the Quick Assist tool. I set up their computer and my account there has admin privileges, but they do not. When I connect to their computer with Quick Assist, often I need to access...
  9. I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator: I cannot get an elevated administrator position to use sfc. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-an-elevated-permission-for/5edf3757-d340-44d2-a83f-862750cba3da"
  10. Elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elevated permissions: I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it...