Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 OS on a desktop that I have a remote location. The only internet service is Hughs Satellite with a 425mb limit data daily. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul Lowtechgeezer, May 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

I have a Windows 10 OS on a desktop that I have a remote location. The only internet service is Hughs Satellite with a 425mb limit data daily. With auto updates that I can not control, these updates shut me down. I bring the desktop home to do the updates, but as soon as I bring it back to the remote location, the updates use up my daily allotment.

My question is: I read that the updates won't load if a USB thumb drive is connected. Update 1803 is the level the machine is at. If that will work in holding off the auto updates, I can bring it back home periodically and update with my fast home connection.

I know this is a small thing in the MS world, but having zero control of updated is a real problem of a metered sat connection.

:)

Paul Lowtechgeezer, May 21, 2019

2. Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, May 21, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 21, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

1. Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates - Similar Threads - Home Edition Auto

2. About update the Windows 10 from Home edition to Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About update the Windows 10 from Home edition to Enterprise Edition: Hello, all!I have a question about update the Windows 10 from Home Edition to Enterprise Edition by using the KMS key.Is it fully support to upgrade for Window 10 Home Edition? Any feature or function loss after upgrade to Enterprise Edition? Any recommendation?Thanks!Nick...
  3. About update the Windows 10 from Home edition to Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About update the Windows 10 from Home edition to Enterprise Edition: Hello, all!I have a question about update the Windows 10 from Home Edition to Enterprise Edition by using the KMS key.Is it fully support to upgrade for Window 10 Home Edition? Any feature or function loss after upgrade to Enterprise Edition? Any recommendation?Thanks!Nick...
  4. About update the Windows 10 from Home edition to Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home edition

Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  6. Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates

Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Am able to successfully load a Quality Updates, b Driver Updates, c Definition Updates, and d Other Updates. I successfully run with no issues: a Windows Update Troubleshoot, b DISM, and c sfc scan. The only potential issue and may...
  7. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  8. Disable windows from auto updating on Windows 10 home single language edition

Disable windows from auto updating on Windows 10 home single language edition: [ATTACH] This is data usage of yesterday only . When I activated a data package I don't have time to use them, the system have already used them to update . You see when I activate a 250Mb package I don't get a chance to use them....
  9. Win10 HOME edition stop auto update ?

Win10 HOME edition stop auto update ?: I am completely exhausted from MONTHS trying to install 1803 on this m32cd with SSD @ 1709 On several other pc's 1803 went on with little trouble. I just want to permanently kill WU, but it happily resets itself. At this point, my attitude toward Windows, is rock-bottom...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...