Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home Edition How to change Time Zone to local time zone Please advise [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NarenNarendra, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator

I have Windows 10 Home Edition

How to change Time Zone to local time zone

Please advise

Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator 371fbe75-4d67-4825-8c5c-6dd81e2b846e?upload=true.png

:)

NarenNarendra, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Time Zone

Confusing Problem--

I am the administrator of my laptop. When I go to change the time zone in "Additional Date, Time, and Regional Settings" and then "Change the Time Zone" and click on "Change Time Zone" I get an error that says "Unable to Continue. You do not have Permission
    to Perform this Task. Please Contact your computer Administrator for help"

This is really bothering me. I just got back from traveling (my computer auto-set itself to EST during my travels, and I live in Phoenix, Arizona.) I need a response urgently with as much detail as possible. Thanks.

GraysonJones2, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator

unable to change time zone.....

Hi,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before the issue start?
    • Were you able to change the time zone before without it being changed back?
    • From where have you already tried changing the time zone setting?

Meanwhile, you can consider running the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• System File Checker

System File Checker or SFC is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.
    • DISM or
      System Update Readiness tool

DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management can fix component store corruption that prevents the SFC command from working properly.

If the scans above were successful and still the issue is present, can you create another administrator account and observe if the issue persists when you change the time zone from there? Here's a

link
    where you can check for the steps on how to create another administrator account.

You can also boot your PC into Safe Mode and check if you can change the time zone from there without being reverted back. Starting your PC in
    Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 5 or F5 after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator

1. Windows 10 Home Edition - Change TIme Zone - Unable to Continue - Contact Administrator - Similar Threads - Home Edition Change

2. Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone is incorrect and unable to change: I visited another country several months ago, during which my computer was set to the country's time zone. When I came back, my clock remained in the country's time, which was not a huge issue then. However, I have been unable to change the time zone. The section in the date...
  3. Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time zone is incorrect and unable to change: I visited another country several months ago, during which my computer was set to the country's time zone. When I came back, my clock remained in the country's time, which was not a huge issue then. However, I have been unable to change the time zone. The section in the date...
  4. Unable to change time zone on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change time zone on windows 11: Hallo, for some reason I can't change my time zone. this is a new installation of windows 11 and it wont let me change the time zone no matter what I do. Please help here's a picture:...
  5. Unable to change time zone on windows 11

Unable to change time zone on windows 11: Hallo, for some reason I can't change my time zone. this is a new installation of windows 11 and it wont let me change the time zone no matter what I do. Please help here's a picture:...
  6. Windows 10 Home time zone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home time zone change: New laptop - Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 Home - unable to change time zone, gives me "restricted access" message. This is kid's laptop and I am an administrator on the family network, signed in as admin on the laptop. I could set time manually, but so can my kid and...
  7. Windows 10 Home time zone change

Windows 10 Home time zone change: New laptop - Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 Home - unable to change time zone, gives me "restricted access" message. This is kid's laptop and I am an administrator on the family network, signed in as admin on the laptop. I could set time manually, but so can my kid and...
  8. Windows 10 Home time zone change

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to change computer time zone

Unable to change computer time zone: I am unable to change my computers time zone. Whenever i try to it says i need to contact an administrator. This is a personal computer running on non-pro windows 10 so i cant access local security protocol. Its not a pressing issue but its been bothering me for the past few...
  10. Windows 10 Change Time Zone

Windows 10 Change Time Zone: I just got a new laptop and the timezone is wrong. It gives me an error message when I try to change it telling me I don’t have permission and to log in as Administrator. I am the Administrator. I saw a CMD command suggested somewhere, but I need the EXACT command for Eastern...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change time zone unable to continue windows 10