Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, on HP ENVY m7 laptop, with Windows 10 Home 64bit Build 18363.900, I can't get an external microphone to work. Microphone is XIAOKOA Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter 1967, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone

Hi, on HP ENVY m7 laptop, with Windows 10 Home 64bit Build 18363.900, I can't get an external microphone to work. Microphone is XIAOKOA Wireless Microphone https://www.amazon.com/XIAOKOA-Microphone-Transmission-Amplifier-Recording/dp/B01HOB5SKE, whose receiver plugs to the microphone jack on laptop. The laptop has unified headset/microphone jack. Laptop does not recognize microphone.

I even bought the separate RTS to RTTS converter cable, connected microphone through that converter, and outcome is still the same.

On another laptop, a Dell Dimension, also with unified headset/microphone jack, microphone is recognized immediately, both when connecting without RTS-to-RTTS converter, and also with that converter.

Do you have any advice, what else shall I try? Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Peter 1967, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 28, 2020
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone

Windows 10 not picking up external microphone through a combo jack (TRRS)

Hello Joshus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• When you say "The microphone works fine on OSX but when i tried to use it on windows 10 it does not recognize that there is an external microphone connected", do you mean the device does not get recognize
      although it works fine with Windows 10?
    • Did you try connecting another splitter and check if the issue persists?

Try using another external Microphone and check if its getting detected.

If the microphone is not working after connected to Windows 10 then follow the below suggestions:

I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Wasim A
    in the below thread and check if it helps to resolve your issue:

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

If the issue persists, Try following the steps listed by John Rubdy
    in the below thread and check if it helps:

Microphone not working in windows 10 build 9926

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone

1. Windows 10 Home Edition does not recogize external microphone - Similar Threads - Home Edition does

2. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  3. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  4. Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  5. Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 Home Edition: How can I download and install Windows 10 Home Edition without cost? I have the valid and legal activation key from my old PC. ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/c9d711d8-0844-4d60-8fec-d4324e02eb9a
  6. WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: HI IM CURRENTLY RUNNING ON WINDOWS 10 PRO BUT NEED TO INSTALL OR DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 HOME IVE TRIED TO REINSTALLING IT AGAIN BUT STILL COMES UP AS PRO I DID A REGEDIT STILL NO GO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOME EDITION SO I CAN ACTIVATE...
  7. External microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External microphone does not work: I have the HP 450 G4 with windows 10 1809 update. Ever since the update the microphone on my new single jack (3.5 mm) headset won’t work or any other earphones with built in microphones (I've tried the iPhone ones too) I can hear sounds coming out of both of them but no...
  8. I need my microphone to be installed on Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need my microphone to be installed on Windows 10 home edition: I've been having a lot of problems with my microphone and now I've lost the microphone entirely I have Realtek speakers installed and I did have Realtek Microphone too but I need instructions of how to detect it because it's not showing up at all right now. This is a new...
  9. Windows 10 Home edition.

Windows 10 Home edition.: I'm BILLY GEE, I have had a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I don't remember if I activated during installation, Since then I have upgraded to V 1803 OS Build 17134.1 KB4284848. I now experience a couple of problems:- 1. It now tells me I am missing some...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...