Windows 10: windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop

Discus and support windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I log on to citrix and use the RDP for work. I configure the options for multiple monitors. Both monitors on my pc have the same exact settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wileugtan, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Wileugtan Win User

windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop

When I log on to citrix and use the RDP for work. I configure the options for multiple monitors. Both monitors on my pc have the same exact settings. The Ext1_ screen appears and I can drag it over to the second monitor but is black and I can not do anything with this screen.

:)

Wileugtan, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Thagstrom Win User

Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Just to make sure you are talking about the Microsoft remote desktop app for windows and not a mobile platform correct?

Unfortunately, I am not finding a way to do it in the Microsoft remote desktop app from the app store.

However, the built-in remote desktop app "Remote Desktop Connection" does have a way to do multiple monitors.

Here is a forum showing the answer to this as the first reply:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/win...

Thagstrom, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting
    to show full screen and to enable on all monitors but that doesn't work. Anyone had this issue? I want the same functionality in the RDP environment that I get in google when I have multiple windows open and move things between screens. Help!

Jannette Stryker, Mar 27, 2020
  4. windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop

Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft
    Remote Desktop APP. It works in the App so we decided to switch EXCEPT we just found that the APP does not seem to support multiple monitors.

So more Microsoft frustration. We have to decide which is more important, timezone or multiple monitors.

Has anyone been able to get multiple monitors to work with the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP?

Steven Sterling, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop

1. windows 10 home edition does not show multiple monitors for remote desktop - Similar Threads - home edition does

2. Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors: Does anyone know where I can find the settings to select multiple monitors? In previous versions, I could right-click the desktop, and the settings would appear. Now it just shows "Pin/Unpin from start" and "Start in this Window"v10v1.2 which shows the settings where I can...
  3. Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors: Does anyone know where I can find the settings to select multiple monitors? In previous versions, I could right-click the desktop, and the settings would appear. Now it just shows "Pin/Unpin from start" and "Start in this Window"v10v1.2 which shows the settings where I can...
  4. Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  6. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?: Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual Machine I have do remote desktop connection but I am getting error while enabling remote desktop service into my laptop that "...
  7. Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition: I am trying to download RDPwrapper in my lappy but its not installing all the files and while installion its showing executable file not found and I cant proceed with the other steps Is there any other alternative to enable the Remote Desktop Connection . PLease tell me?...
  8. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  9. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop: Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop. 1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise. 2. Remote desktop is Windows 7...
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...