Windows 10: Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin

Discus and support Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After some googling, I was able to remove the pin feature and after a restart it would ask to set up a hello pin. There is no way to get around it. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/league_starter, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin

After some googling, I was able to remove the pin feature and after a restart it would ask to set up a hello pin. There is no way to get around it. Not even a tiny text to skip.

Well no problem, I'll just Google how to bypass that feature. OK, the fix says to access group policy. Just type gpedit.msc

Ooopps.. Laptop came with home edition. No worries.. I'll just Google how to get around that.

Nice I found a way to add gpedit. Now I can finally make windows do exactly what I want.

Imagine if I was the average windows user. I'd probably just live with having a hello pin.

submitted by /u/league_starter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/league_starter, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 4, 2020
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin

Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin

1. Windows 10 (Home edition) keeps asking to set up Hello pin - Similar Threads - Home edition keeps

2. Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.: Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition. but i cant set up pin because the screen does not open. dont know how to dismiss it. acces to wifi exist, still entering the account has an issue....
  3. Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition.: Windows hello asks to set up a pin, before using the face recognition. but i cant set up pin because the screen does not open. dont know how to dismiss it. acces to wifi exist, still entering the account has an issue....
  4. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  5. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up: I am trying to set up windows hello face. I already have a windows hello pin set up on the computer. When I go to set up the face, it asks me to create a pin as well. I put in the same pin I am already using, the setup process closes, and nothing is changed. When looking at...
  6. Trying to set up windows hello facial recognition, asks to set up a pin, pin is already set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Hello keeps asking me to set up PIN in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello keeps asking me to set up PIN in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some users have complained that Windows Hello keeps asking them to set up a PIN on their Windows 11 computer. They either receive a notification, see this set up Windows Hello message in the Account protection section of Windows Security, or receive a prompt to use...
  8. Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times

Keep asking to set up a Hello PIN even I already did it several times: Hi There, My computer keeps asking me to set up a Windows Hello PIN although I already did it several times. I already did a hard USB reinstall. It worked for a few days. However, now it starts asking me to set up a PIN again. I could use the current PIN to do anything,...
  9. Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin

Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin: Just got a new Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in July 2020. I try to keep it updated at least weekly. Every so often I see 2 problems: 1 it tells me i can't run windows update, to which i found in Control Panel>Services that's it's been disabled and needs to be re-enabled, and 2...
  10. Windows 10 keep asking to set up pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 keep asking to set up pin: Hi, I have an annoying problem that I would love u guys to help. My windows 10 keep asking me to key in password and set up a new pin even though I have already follow guides on how to remove passwords and pin. Is this a bug or what? Keeps asking to set up pin after a...