Windows 10: Windows 10 Home edition login password issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Home edition login password issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I left a laptop computer in my friend’s home recently. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home edition OS Build: 10.0.17134.706, Version: 1803. I use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WinstonShi, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home edition login password issue

I left a laptop computer in my friend’s home recently. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home edition OS Build: 10.0.17134.706, Version: 1803. I use Microsoft account to log in. Now I want to give this laptop to my friend, but I don’t want her to know my Microsoft account password, because the current password is the same as other important accounts, such as online banking. So, can I change my password of Microsoft account in another computer to a temporary password, so that my friend can use that temporary password to log in the Windows 10, then delete my Microsoft account and set up her own?

:)

WinstonShi, Jun 12, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Password Issues

Hi Juliette,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you login to Microsoft Account in your system?
    If yes, I suggest you to try to login in to your Microsoft account on other working computer. If you have forgotten your password, I suggest you to reset Microsoft account login password.

Please refer this link, mentioned below and follow the steps to resolve the issue.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Home edition login password issue

Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home edition login password issue

1. Windows 10 Home edition login password issue - Similar Threads - Home edition login

2. Having issues with Windows 10 home edition not loading and don't know password..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Having issues with Windows 10 home edition not loading and don't know password..: So, I was having issues booting ip my PC with Windows 10. I used my PIN to log on, but for troubleshooting I needed my password. I reset my Microsoft account password but that didn't work. I was still able to reboot into safe mode. Following different threads on here, I...
  3. Having issues with Windows 10 home edition not loading and don't know password..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with Windows 10 home edition not loading and don't know password..: So, I was having issues booting ip my PC with Windows 10. I used my PIN to log on, but for troubleshooting I needed my password. I reset my Microsoft account password but that didn't work. I was still able to reboot into safe mode. Following different threads on here, I...
  4. Having issues with Windows 10 home edition not loading and don't know password..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues: Recently i purchased one HP Pavilion Laptop -15 cs3000xx with Windows10 Home Single language. I am trying to do rdp from my laptop to other laptop running on Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate , from either of sideRDP is not working. Also I am running VMware Work station 14.x , from...
  6. windows 10 password login issue

windows 10 password login issue: i am running windows 10 home and just updated to the last windows update which I cannot recall because i did not write it down and i am old. my desktop device dell inspirion 3668 intel 5 7th generation. now i cannot login in with password and i did not create a password reset...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue: How to install properly the Windows 10 Home Edition from my Computer Desktop Old version which is the HP L1506 Desktop. Please help me to find the best solution Thank you and Godbless to us....
  8. Windows 10 home edition can't login

Windows 10 home edition can't login: Help I'm getting Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with you're new password, and then you can sign in with your pin. I have reset my microsoft password on a different device and typed that in on my laptop but it just says...
  9. Windows 10 home login issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home login issue: Is there a way to reset the local admin password on Windows 10 home? The person forgot their password and it looks like it is the only account on the computer. Looks like it was setup without a MS account. I have used a company's password reset cd before (3 years ago with...
  10. Windows 10 home edition issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 home edition issue: Hello! I would like to get advanced settings for the keyboard, but there is written "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" How I can fix this issue, I can not to start gpedit.msc because windows 10 home edition have not it. [ATTACH]...