Windows 10: Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently i purchased one HP Pavilion Laptop -15 cs3000xx with Windows10 Home Single language. I am trying to do rdp from my laptop to other laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tapas Kumar Barik, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

Recently i purchased one HP Pavilion Laptop -15 cs3000xx with Windows10 Home Single language. I am trying to do rdp from my laptop to other laptop running on Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate , from either of sideRDP is not working. Also I am running VMware Work station 14.x , from my base machine to VM , RDP not happening . Wanted to know are there any restriction on Windows 10 Home edition on remote desktop connection ?

:)

Tapas Kumar Barik, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Opemow Win User

Win 10 Home Edition RDP

Will the windows 10 Home edition have the RDP capability? To allow RDP incoming transactions, or only outgoing?

i.e. To connect to my PC with Win10 Home edition from another device on an outside network.

Opemow, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home Edition RDP

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know about Remote Desktop Protocol on Windows 10 Home edition.

I would like to inform you that in Windows 10 Home edition there is no option for about Remote Desktop Protocol.

Home Premium and below: Cannot act as a remote desktop
    host, terminal services disabled entirely. Can access other desktops remotely using RDP client.

Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate: Can act as a remote desktop
    host, terminal services limited to one user active at a time (That is, logging in remotely will kick a local user off and vice versa).

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

Windows 10 Home 1903 build RDP to Azure issue

Good afternoon Community,

We are having an issue with Windows 10 Home edition 1903 build. This is a rare occurrence and can be rectified by completely reloading windows, however that is a horrible resolution to give our customers.

Case - **Side Note If you attempt to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an IP address the connection is successful and works with no issues.

In our case we currently have 5 Azure VMs so all our customers connect to an RD Broker to be distributed to the most available VM. Some users with Windows 10 Home (1903 build) attempt to connect to the RDP (azure VM) and everything looks normal until you're
    at "Estimating Quality" then the connection closes. No error message, not nothing. It just closes the RDP connection every time. We have another Windows 10 home (1903) on the same network sitting next to the trouble machine and it works as should.

Anyone have an idea we should look into? The login works on other machines. All updates for RDP protocol 8.1 have been installed on this machine. At a loss on this one.

Azure Support will not assist because this is a Windows 10 Home PC. Microsoft Support wants us to pay for them to help us.

Michael Allen (mallen), Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

1. Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues - Similar Threads - Home edition rdp

2. Windows 10 RDP issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RDP issue: I have 2 Windows 10 Pro PCs latest update in different rooms of the same flat connected to the same access point. Speed test reports more than 100 Mpps for both PCs. I enabled Remote Desktop on one of the PCs and I can connect from the other, but the remote session is very...
  3. Windows 10 RDP issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RDP issue: I have 2 Windows 10 Pro PCs latest update in different rooms of the same flat connected to the same access point. Speed test reports more than 100 Mpps for both PCs. I enabled Remote Desktop on one of the PCs and I can connect from the other, but the remote session is very...
  4. Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition: A few days ago, I decided to check Event Viewer Logs after noticing a few oddities with my PC. I have Windows 11 Home Edition installed, so RDP should be disabled by default. Yet I found hundreds of events logged in the Terminal Service Local Session Manager Operational Logs....
  5. Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition: A few days ago, I decided to check Event Viewer Logs after noticing a few oddities with my PC. I have Windows 11 Home Edition installed, so RDP should be disabled by default. Yet I found hundreds of events logged in the Terminal Service Local Session Manager Operational Logs....
  6. Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue: How to install properly the Windows 10 Home Edition from my Computer Desktop Old version which is the HP L1506 Desktop. Please help me to find the best solution Thank you and Godbless to us....
  7. Windows 10 Home 1903 build RDP to Azure issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home 1903 build RDP to Azure issue: Good afternoon Community, We are having an issue with Windows 10 Home edition 1903 build. This is a rare occurrence and can be rectified by completely reloading windows, however that is a horrible resolution to give our customers. Case - **Side Note If you attempt to...
  8. Windows 10 home edition issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 home edition issue: Hello! I would like to get advanced settings for the keyboard, but there is written "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" How I can fix this issue, I can not to start gpedit.msc because windows 10 home edition have not it. [ATTACH]...
  9. Issue with Windows 10 RDP

Issue with Windows 10 RDP: When a slight drop happens for users they don't get a reconnect message. It freezes up. This happens when users are using RDP from a Windows 10 machine into an RDS. We have never seen the issue with Windows 7. Please advise on how to fix as this seems to be a bug....
  10. RDP in Windows 10 Home

RDP in Windows 10 Home: Hello Currently my OS is Windows 10 Home. From time to time i need to connect to my pc at work, using remote web workplace. Unfortunately the Home edition does not come with the support of remote desktop. It keeps asking to install RDP 6.0 or later... Does anyone know...