Windows 10: Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a PC running Windows 10 Home. There are two user accounts on the PC, both Administrator accounts. When the computer is started, only a single... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MatthewWallace13, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

I have a PC running Windows 10 Home. There are two user accounts on the PC, both Administrator accounts. When the computer is started, only a single account shows up for login. When I've logged into that account and go to the start menu, there is no Switch User setting. If I hit "Control-Alt-Del", there is no Switch User choice. I've confirmed in the Control Panel that there are two accounts on the device... but nothing I do allows me to switch users to the account account. This problem started only in the last few days, and the last Windows Update was more than 2 weeks ago.

:)

MatthewWallace13, Feb 12, 2021

2. Switch User option missing - Windows 10

Problem: Switch User option missing in login screen.

I have 4 user accounts on my computer, 2 of which are administrators. I was using one local non-admin account, and when I tried to switch accounts on the login page, I couldn't find the options for the other accounts. Using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+F4 and switch
    user choice simply returns me to the lock screen, still without options of other accounts. Clicking the windows button and then username also does not show the option to switch accounts.

Restarting the computer did not work. I use the home edition of Windows 10 (version 2004), so I believe that I cannot access the Local Users and Groups option in system tools or the Local Group Policy Editor, which I saw some solutions being based off of.

kymonkey250, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

1. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing - Similar Threads - Home edition Switch

2. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  3. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  4. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello, Having an issue that came on suddenly: The other user that has an account on my Windows 10 Home Edition no longer appeared as a log-in option when booting up, or when right clicking on the avatar. Booting into safe mode yielded the same result. There is no restore...
  5. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello, Having an issue that came on suddenly: The other user that has an account on my Windows 10 Home Edition no longer appeared as a log-in option when booting up, or when right clicking on the avatar. Booting into safe mode yielded the same result. There is no restore...
  6. User suddenly missing from control panel -- Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot switch users in window 10 Home: I am unable to login to a second new user account I added to my computer. There is no option to login to the new account on the startup screen or from within the main account that I use. I tried to do it by enabling an "other users" page but I get "user profile service...
  8. Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edit name function missing from user account in Windows 10 home: I have incorrectly spelt my username wrong in my user account and want to correct the spelling , however several hours later I have found this to be more difficult than building a rocket and flying to the moon. I have attached a screenshot of the user account with my account...
  9. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  10. Win 10 Home default app choices missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home default app choices missing: Been searching for a simple answer for this but haven't found one. I'm trying to change the default program for opening certain file types. When using the 'default apps' in settings, the programs I would like to use (installed on my computer) are not an option, and selecting...