Windows 10: windows 10 home edition upgrade

Discus and support windows 10 home edition upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alirezafatahi, Mar 28, 2019.

1. windows 10 home edition upgrade

hi

I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license.

:)

alirezafatahi, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

windows 10 home edition upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 home edition upgrade

1. windows 10 home edition upgrade - Similar Threads - home edition upgrade

2. Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition: Hi, Can we upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home Edition for free? Actually I bought a Windows 10 Home Product Key before upgrading. But it never asked me to enter the Product Key while installing Windows 10. I am afraid I wasted my money....
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  6. windows 10 home edition accidentally upgraded to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition accidentally upgraded to windows 10 pro: I got windows 10 home edition. I accidentally installed the Windows10Upgrade9252 when my intention was only to update my windows 10 home edition. I want to uninstall the upgrade and recover the version I purchased Windows 10 Home Edition. Please tell me how can I do it....
  7. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 home edition: Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 home addition what should be done in Windows 8.1 to prepare your PC before the upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-windows-81-to-10-home-edition/84c9bf3e-ce75-4993-ab95-4dd4a8579b0f
  8. To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition

To upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional Edition: Hi, I've just got my pre-installed Windows 10 Home Edition with a genuine digital OEM product key. I'm wondering if I need to purchase for a new product key to upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional Edition? And how much will it cost?...
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f
  10. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...