Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, despite a lot of similar questions/discussions I did not find a relevant answer. Scenario: Configured new HP Laptop with Win10: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by michonly, Nov 6, 2019.

1. michonly Win User

Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three...

Hi there,

despite a lot of similar questions/discussions I did not find a relevant answer.

Scenario:

Configured new HP Laptop with Win10:

1. created a user using existing MS account as administrator; specified a PIN, all is OK

2. created 2 Standard users, configured 2 new MS accounts

3. add the three to a Family

4. The three appear for switch/logging in

The problem:

Upon shutdown for a night and perhaps few attempts to sign in to a Standard account:

1. only one user (MS account, Administrator) presents on Sign In page (just specify a PIN)

2. When signed in (connected/not connected to web):

a. no rest of accounts present under "user pic" icon in windows menu

b. each attempt to "switch user" from Task manager, "Ctrl+Alt+Del", click "user pic" causes to Sign-In page appearing with the single (with specified, built in) name of Administrator account.

3. Reboot, shutdown did change nothing
    4. Created local accounts (admin, standard) do not appear and cannot be used for signing in

5. All the MS accounts appear as "can sign in" on MS Accounts, no warns/notes about lock/blocked for no one

6. FUS is not disabled - no such key for hiding in Registry.

and eventually - the Laptop with Win10 Home are bought from official vendor and activated OK.

How can I get my purchase work?

Thanks for help!

:)

michonly, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three...

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three...

1. Windows 10 Home Edition v 1903: Can log in with only one Microsoft User (Admin) from three... - Similar Threads - Home Edition 1903

2. i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.: in account settings i can see the log in but cannot switch and cannot log in after restart. i have tried msconfig, ive tried using safemode and system restore to no avail....
  3. i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.: in account settings i can see the log in but cannot switch and cannot log in after restart. i have tried msconfig, ive tried using safemode and system restore to no avail....
  4. Hyper-V on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  5. microsoft windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft windows 10 home edition: Hi, How do I go about finding my digital license for windows 10 home. I down graded from windows 10 to windows 7 because it was very slower than windows 7. Now with Microsoft not supporting windows 7, I reinstalled windows 10, but I am having problems activating windows....
  6. Windows 10 Home 20h2 -- three in one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 20h2 -- three in one: I still am not sure as to the method used to answer questions here. I can't mark something as the answer until I have found out that it is, but I appreciate all the help I have gotten on the few times I have visited here. My last question was about memory - was 2666 ok to use...
  7. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V for windows 10 home edition: I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home enabled searched by using msinfo. How to disable it? or How can I list that under "Turn...
  8. Two users at Log in but in reality only one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users at Log in but in reality only one: Like so many times before I was asked to (for lack of better word that I can't remember now probably due to my age) re-certify my MS account @hotmail.com. I went thru the motions like many times before, Changed password etc and all went well set to no password on log in but...
  9. Can I change users as the administrator? I only want one as admin.

Can I change users as the administrator? I only want one as admin.: Can I change users as the administrator? I have one account (A) as the administrator. I want to change the administrator to a different account (B) and then take away the administrator ability of (A). Can this be done? I've seen the tutorials on this site but that...
  10. Only on user logged in with Windows 10?

Only on user logged in with Windows 10?: How do I get it done with gpo that only one user can be logged in with Windows 10? 23578