Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 How do I stop windows update ? every single time i restart my laptop , The windows update starts runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrilveshKrishna, May 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY

Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition v2018

How do I stop windows update ? every single time i restart my laptop , The windows update starts runs for 20 minutes completes and than upon restart i get message sorry we couldnt complete the updates and than another 20 minutes the update is rolled back .

How do I stop the windows update from occuring when i restart my pc ?

There seems no options available to restart laptop with out updating ...

:)

PrilveshKrishna, May 6, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY

1. Windows 10 Home Edition v2018 - STOP WINDOWS UPDATE COMPLETELY - Similar Threads - Home Edition v2018

2. Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  3. Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 Home Edition: How can I download and install Windows 10 Home Edition without cost? I have the valid and legal activation key from my old PC. ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/c9d711d8-0844-4d60-8fec-d4324e02eb9a
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates

Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Am able to successfully load a Quality Updates, b Driver Updates, c Definition Updates, and d Other Updates. I successfully run with no issues: a Windows Update Troubleshoot, b DISM, and c sfc scan. The only potential issue and may...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  6. Stopping windows 10 Home updates

Stopping windows 10 Home updates: I wish to find a way to permanently stop windows 10 updates as they render my Alienware 2518HF almost useless. There are no new monitor updates I can find so the issue seems to be with the updates. A 800 x 600 monitor is ****. Thanks in advance for any help....
  7. WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: HI IM CURRENTLY RUNNING ON WINDOWS 10 PRO BUT NEED TO INSTALL OR DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 HOME IVE TRIED TO REINSTALLING IT AGAIN BUT STILL COMES UP AS PRO I DID A REGEDIT STILL NO GO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOME EDITION SO I CAN ACTIVATE...
  8. Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates

Windows 10 Home Edition Auto updates: I have a Windows 10 OS on a desktop that I have a remote location. The only internet service is Hughs Satellite with a 425mb limit data daily. With auto updates that I can not control, these updates shut me down. I bring the desktop home to do the updates, but as soon as I...
  9. Win10 HOME edition stop auto update ?

Win10 HOME edition stop auto update ?: I am completely exhausted from MONTHS trying to install 1803 on this m32cd with SSD @ 1709 On several other pc's 1803 went on with little trouble. I just want to permanently kill WU, but it happily resets itself. At this point, my attitude toward Windows, is rock-bottom...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...