Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

Hi,

I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter

that, until I used the nw troubleshooter

so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working correctly when installing virtual network drivers from 3rd parties

can someone patch this in the dev team ? can this be investigated seriously ? anyone had the same problem ?

to reproduce this: just install nmap or virtual box, then next day you should see the network adapter is not configured

just like if windows was trying to setup the wrong adapter on startup

thanks

:)

phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Wireless Network is weird

Buggy network drivers, try downloading the latest ones from the manufacturer. And if it installs a 3rd party app to manage the network connection, you might have to use that, I've seen drivers not like working with Windows Zero Configuration and have strange behavior like this.

newtekie1, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

Network issues, missing network protocols

Hello Justin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

1. Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed - Similar Threads - Home eth network

2. Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation Problem: Win 10 & 3rd Party Device Driver - Installation ProblemFriends,I have an HP Laptop running Win 10. Everything works fine on my computer with one 1 key exception.I am unable to successfully load a device drive for Abbott Labs "FreeStyle Libre2" diabetes platform called...
  3. Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...: Hi, I realized that when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter that, until I used the network troubleshooter !! .... every day !! :-$ so it appears that...
  4. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working...
  5. Ethernet network issue on Home network

Ethernet network issue on Home network: Ok, my problem is that every time I restart or shutdown or reboot my computer, windows 10, 2004 version, build 19041.572, I cannot see any of the other computers on my home network nor can I see my own computer listed in File Explorer under Network. But I can see Media...
  6. strange install error when installing 3rd party audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    strange install error when installing 3rd party audio driver: This is a audio driver i have used perfectly for my old creative sound card for many years on windows 7. But when upgraded to windows 10, the W10 install deleted the drivers. The card works because apparently it installed the original drivers. But they are horrible which is...
  7. Home Network Issues

Home Network Issues: Hello, I have been having a home network question that is driving me INSANE! I have a desktop computer running Windows 10 that is connected to my home network via ethernet to a linsys ea6100 router. I also have Norton 360 (in charge of firewall, etc.).... No matter what...
  8. 3rd party program install setup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party program install setup issues: Hello. I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think it does. For the previous two versions of the program, the update has not been an issue, but the current version does not...
  9. Home network issue

Home network issue: Hi everyone my question pertains to file sharing. I have 4 devices and managed to get everything working great from my research on this site. My final issue however is this. When I'm on desktop #1 and go to NETWORK to view my other pc's i can see them just fine. However when...
  10. Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration

Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration: Hay all.. I got my w10 x64 both alway active wifi (internet) and ethernet (intranet on my office). How to set specific app using specifi network. Let say my outlook using ethernet and my chrome using wifi. Before i use forcebindip but it seems no longer working on 10. Thanks...