Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop that has a working Administrator account. the problem is as follows: 1. I want to add another user (spouse) to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Acomputerchick, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working

I have a Windows 10 laptop that has a working Administrator account.

the problem is as follows:

1. I want to add another user (spouse) to the Windows 10 Home computer.

Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working 0910983b-2267-4ec1-a793-2a0deffc73c7?upload=true.png

2. When following the directions on the Accounts section of the settings, Where Family & Other people should be, it just has Other people.

Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working c3a69b8e-5fc2-4b8e-8569-6f8dec0502cb?upload=true.png

3. This opens the Local Users and Groups dialog which then contains a message that the snap-in is not available for this version of Windows.

Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working ce4d7778-adec-431f-84ca-d60a041675cc?upload=true.png

4. If I use the netplwiz wizard, the correct Add User displays. How can I fix this so that the right one displays in the first place?

Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working 7eefff51-e504-4627-b446-7eecfeb8c269?upload=true.png

:)

Acomputerchick, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working

Windows 10 Family screentime still restricting people no longer in the family

Hi Darrell,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you follow the steps below to completely remove the Microsoft account family safety feature for your son's account.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    You may also check this
    link
    to turn off family features.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working

1. Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working - Similar Threads - Home Family working

2. family and others

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    family and others: hello!i cant see family and others on my windows settings, and cant use any app that needs administrator verifying , it just keeps saying "to continue add admin user , password" etc. it just keeps on saying that and i cant download some things i want to , so it disturb to not...
  3. family and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and others: hello!i cant see family and others on my windows settings, and cant use any app that needs administrator verifying , it just keeps saying "to continue add admin user , password" etc. it just keeps on saying that and i cant download some things i want to , so it disturb to not...
  4. family and others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family & other people missing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family & other people missing!: Hello,I am trying to get back to my admin privileges and stuff i have other threads, I need help with getting that setting because i can't really do anything because my admin account has been replaced/removed and, I cant switch back to admin like if i try to do it in cmd says...
  6. Family and others

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family and others: So this is just a quick question I don't have a family and others in my settings how would I get access or get this back. this is what my accounts page looks like currently [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ??: I run a single user Windows 10 desktop system with MS Office software packages Excel/Word/Outlook. Also have iTunes package for music. Basic computer user - no games/movies/etc. My desktop system uses a 930 GB hard disk - 700+ GB free space. I recently noticed while in...
  8. Add other people to a home PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add other people to a home PC: For the past hour I have been trying to add another person to my PC, I remember when you didn't have to create an email account just for a guest, anyway the computer is sending me to the local users and groups (local) setting, but a red x is showing up and I am being told...
  9. built in administrator - Family and other people

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    built in administrator - Family and other people: Hi I set up a new W10 laptop for my daughter and in Settings, I used my email a/c so it's now showing as ADMINISTRATOR, my email, Administrator The crucial point is that on the left hand menu where it should say 'Family & other people' it says 'Other users'. On my...
  10. Missing family and other people in account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing family and other people in account settings: For some reason, the account i have on my computer is not an administrator account. So, i tried to make it an administrator account, but family and other people isnt there. Please help...