Windows 10: Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

Discus and support Windows 10 "Home" file encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by albert1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. albert1 Win User

Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license.

Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After several attempts I haven't be able to enable "file/folder" encryption on Windows 10 "Home".

I've read differences between Windows 10 Pro and Home version is that Windows 10 "Home" doesn't included Bitlocker. But does include Device encryption.

The Device encryption feature is present in all editions of Windows 10 (version 1511 and later), including the Home edition. In simple words, you can encrypt your files even if you are on Windows 10 Home edition

I've tried to access Device encryption from Settings app > Update & Security, > Device encryption. However the Device Encryption page is missing.

I also tried an app that's suppose to enable device encryption and file encryption, but it did not work. File encryption is still disable.

Google shows

Windows 10 Home doesn't include BitLocker, but you can still protect your files using "device encryption." Similar to BitLocker, device encryption is a feature designed to protect your data from unauthorized access in the unexpected case that your laptop is lost or stolen.

So I guess I'm trying to figure out how to use file encryption under Windows 10 Home, what other things should I try to enable file encryption. (which I've used under previous versions of Windows)

:)

albert1, Oct 18, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

Windows XP file encryption

well there is encryption algorithms such as md5, rsa, etc.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

1. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption - Similar Threads - Home file encryption

2. Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home: I own a copy of Windows 10 home and I’d like to encrypt my usb drive to keep my files and folders safe from anyone looking. I saw Bitlocker as an option but sadly it isn’t available on my version of windows. Any free suggestions?...
  3. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition: I am unable to encrypt a file in windows 10 home. The field is grade out. I tried a few suggest like resetting the registry to 1 from 0 and no luck. Any suggestions?...
  4. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition: I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to...
  5. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I recently read a question about this from someone who has the same Dell Inspiron 15 as me, and it seems their Windows 10 Home DID have the encryption option - mine doesn't, not does it have BitLocker. How can I encrypt my laptop?...
  6. Drive encryption for windows 10 home

Drive encryption for windows 10 home: Hello, I'm running on windows 10 Home OS, unfortunately i dont have bitlocker available. Is there any other option to encrypt my drives? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-encryption-for-windows-10-home/342ba327-b96a-427b-a827-c2599b5f01f4
  7. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I wanted to use device encryption on my Windows 10 Home PC. 64bit. But it won't let me. When I got into System Information in the row Device Encryption Support slot it tell me: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption : Hardware security test interface failed and...
  8. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Home" file encryption: I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license. Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After...
  9. File Encryption for Windows 10

File Encryption for Windows 10: I'm exhausted from trying to figure this out. When I click properties on folders and go to check the file encryption box, it's grayed out and doesn't let me check it. Does anyone know of a way I could encrypt my files or any (preferably free but I'll take any suggestions at...
  10. How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10: [ATTACH] EFS Encryption is present in Windows OS out of the box. It is shipped together with BitLocker encryption that is also shipped out of the box. Though they work in the same manner, the main difference between the two is [...] This post How to encrypt files with EFS...