Windows 10: Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

Discus and support Windows 10 home for refurb pcs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Torma, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely normal and this is how the manfucaturer / Microsoft does it.I just want to verify: is this true? I've never seen such a sticker before and it feels a bit weird why the manufacturer would put such a sticker on a new higher tier laptop. If it is truly the usual practice then all good of course.Thanks in advance and best

:)

Peter Torma, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s.

We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i proceed to use that licence?

Tanks. Best regards

CERTITECNASA, Aug 8, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

Hi CERTITECNASA

I am sorry a refurb licence cannot be transferred to another PC or Motherboard, that is locked to the motherboard on that refurbished PC, only a full Windows 10 retail licence can be transferred to another P . .

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

1. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs - Similar Threads - home refurb pcs

2. When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?: I'm trying to find Windows 10 Home PCs but there are only Windows 10 Pro PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-stop-selling-windows-10-home/9a06c59b-df57-4dc4-9e70-59632658bc0e
  3. When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft stop selling Windows 10 Home PCs?: I'm trying to find Windows 10 Home PCs but there are only Windows 10 Pro PCs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-stop-selling-windows-10-home/9a06c59b-df57-4dc4-9e70-59632658bc0e
  4. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  5. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  6. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb: It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that it's digitally and legally licensed to me.I have followed the instruction to ensure the Microsoft account/admin information is...
  7. Refurb machine - reinstall windows

Refurb machine - reinstall windows: Hi there, HD failure on refurb machine with Windows 10 home, so new HD added by technical friend, but no OS. Label on bottom of laptop says "Windows 10 home for refurb pcs" Also "COA for use on refurb machines only, no commercial value" Format is XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX...
  8. COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs: I have 2 windows 10 PCs on my home network. Both appear on the network. However, my wife can access all the files on my computer while I only have access to her media files. I have spent hours on the phone and sharing the computer with Gearhead's Tech Service, our PC tech...
  9. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

Windows 10 pro for refurb pc: Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s. We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i...
  10. 10 Home for Refurb PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Home for Refurb PCs: My laptop MFG'd in late 2013 crashed. Needing a replacement and short on funds I purchased a converted XP PRO. The data sticker says Windows 10 Home for Refurb PCs. Can someone tell me what differences there may be (without me having to read the tech manuals) between this...