Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Forced Compulsory Windows Updates?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Forced Compulsory Windows Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, On Wiki it says Windows 10 Home has compulsory Windows Updates: Windows 10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia As I understand it, this means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nemix, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Nemix Win User

Windows 10 Home Forced Compulsory Windows Updates?

Hi,

On Wiki it says Windows 10 Home has compulsory Windows Updates: Windows 10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I understand it, this means Windows 10 Home users are forced Windows Updates regardless is they want to download and install or not.

I hope this is not the case and Windows 10 Updates can be configured to "Check for Updates but let me decide to download and install them" like in previous versions of Windows.

I'd hate to be forced to Update drivers via Windows Update in Windows 10 just to uninstall them and get better OEM drivers from another source.

I really hope this is not the case and I'm just misunderstanding Wiki's interpretation of Windows Updates for Windows 10 Home Edition.

:)

Nemix, Jun 11, 2015
  2. D J K Win User

Windows 10 - Updates to be compulsory for "home" users

Oh dear! it seems that some Windows 10 compulsory updates are causing some users devices to crash constantly.

Windows 10 Forced Updates Causing Endless Crash Loops

D J K, Jun 11, 2015
  3. Ajayc601 Win User
    How to Turn off Haptic Vibrate of Back and Home key.

This is ridiculous job by Nokia. Why do you force us to compulsory use Vibrate on touching Back and Home Button. This is very bad issue. Nokia did you do it intentionally ?

Now pls come up with Solutions.

Ajayc601, Jun 11, 2015
  4. richc46 Win User

You must remember that we only know what MS tells us. At this point your belief is correct. You will be forced to accept all updates that MS gives us. We will have no choice in the matter. As far as I know we will be able to chose the timing, within small limits.

richc46, Jun 11, 2015
  5. Nemix Win User
    Sucks if it's true for experienced Windows users upgrading to Windows 10 Home Edition, good thing I have and upgrade path to Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for the reply,

Nemix, Jun 11, 2015
  6. richc46 Win User
    Your Welcome
    I think that MS wants everyone to have exactly the same OS, hence the reason for their awesome offer.

richc46, Jun 11, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    LOL you mean that Microsoft can now just shove compulsory garbage privacy tracking software down the majority of consumers using Windows 10's free upgrade path to the Home Edition via Windows Updates on Windows 10.

Example: Bing bar, Bing search, customizable ads, etc..but at the same time I think this would help reduce piracy of Windows 10 by a whole lot.

Nemix, Jun 11, 2015
  8. richc46 Win User

As I said in my first post, everything, now, is just speculation. They will tell us everything before we accept the free offer. Everything they want to do will be spelled out in that very long agreement (which no one reads), they can do anything that is mentioned in the agreement. It is up to you, as user, to know what you are agreeing to when you accept the free offer. All that being said, I do not think that they have any spying planned or anything else along those lines..

richc46, Jun 11, 2015
  9. I don't like the idea of MS being able to do that, there are certain things I do not want on my PC (Windows Malicious Removal for example).

Is it Just Win 10 Home ? or are they rolling it out in other versions

merchant42, Jun 11, 2015
  10. richc46 Win User
    Pro and Enterprise will not force updates on you. Keep in mind anything can change before RTM

richc46, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Forced Compulsory Windows Updates? - Similar Threads - Home Forced Compulsory

2. compulsory updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compulsory updating...: I have a win10 laptop and rarely venture into someone elses network i can use normally. I say normally as we're on a seriously expensive and very very slow metered connection. Today my laptop offered just two options when i selected shut down.1 Stop and update2 Restart and...
  3. compulsory updating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compulsory updating...: I have a win10 laptop and rarely venture into someone elses network i can use normally. I say normally as we're on a seriously expensive and very very slow metered connection. Today my laptop offered just two options when i selected shut down.1 Stop and update2 Restart and...
  4. compulsory updating...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are these updates compulsory? What are they for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these updates compulsory? What are they for?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DanielCracker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9ebcp/are_these_updates_compulsory_what_are_they_for/
  6. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security....
  7. Windows 10 Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Forced Updates: Once again, I'm going to ask you to please stop crippling my computer with your unwanted "feature updates". But really, there is no way of getting through to you, is there? Over and over I've tried to explain that my laptop just doesn't have room for your updates. No, I can't...
  8. Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Compulsory Updates on 3G only PC?: Following on from this... I have at least 5 Windows 7 PCs in my house and one on my boat. I really don't want to have to download Windows several times, especially on the 3G only computer. *Eek I'm a bit concerned about the so called compulsory updates. I understand...
  9. Force Windows 10 Home to Version 1511

Force Windows 10 Home to Version 1511: I read a previous post about Windows Pro but I am wondering if this will definitely work the same way for my Home version even though I already have windows 10 installed. Can I go here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10 - click upgrade now, then chose...
  10. windows 10 forced updates

windows 10 forced updates: I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the...