Windows 10: Windows 10 Home freezing when idle

Discus and support Windows 10 Home freezing when idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit keeps freezing when it is idle. I do not have any issues while I am using it. I have run hardware tests, disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WebDevVA, Jul 25, 2020.

1. WebDevVA Win User

Windows 10 Home freezing when idle

My PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit keeps freezing when it is idle. I do not have any issues while I am using it. I have run hardware tests, disk checks and system checks. I cannot find any issues. I changed my power settings not to shut off anything hardware except put my screen to sleep. It still happens. I cannot do anything when it freezes except hold the power button until it shuts off. I can't see anything in the logs to indicate a problem. How can I troubleshoot this?

:)

WebDevVA, Jul 25, 2020

2. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game.

Juan Castator, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Windows freezes when left idle

Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709

DanelDaveBarbuco, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home freezing when idle

Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home freezing when idle

1. Windows 10 Home freezing when idle - Similar Threads - Home freezing idle

2. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  5. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  6. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Hello all,My Pc freezes when it is idle and I have to hit the physical button to re-start it. When it is in the state of freezing I remark that the fans are running at high speed. when I check events there are many errors:Essent error event ID 623EventLog error event ID...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Well, I am one more that have this problem.Sofar:Completly new installation from scratchAll settings in power set for maximum performance, no sleeep etcC-state in Bios disabled.IMI set for no sleep in Devmgr.However when I launch powercfg in a comand window, it says that...
  8. Windows 10 sort of Freezes when Idle

Windows 10 sort of Freezes when Idle: I leave my PC idle for a few minutes and come back and it wakes up, but some programs crash, some programs still work, and windows explorer is almost frozenstart menu works but none of the shutdown/restart buttons work no shortcuts work like ctrl+shift+esc for...
  9. Windows freezes when left idle

Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts

Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts: Hi guys. Just like to ask some help to fix my faultering Windows 10. What happened is that when I take a break from my computer, my PC freezes and then restarts by itself. There was once when after my PC froze, instead of restarting by it's own, was proceeded by a blue screen...