Windows 10: [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

Discus and support [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by allesgeheim, Oct 15, 2019.

1. [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

Hello together,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it doesn't show the /H parameter in the list. I get only the parameter S, U, P, Scope, User, R, V and Z.

See screenshot!

If I check other comments in the WWW, I only found some suspicions, that it may something to do with Windows 10 Home. But I am not confident with this, because otherwise there should be more information.

Yesterday I additionally installed the GPO with the "Administrative Templates" version 3.0. But there was no change!

I executed also the System File Checker with the order sfc /scannow, but without new results. The gpresult.exe is not damaged, because it is all the same when I replaced it with an elder file version 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from the internet.

Has anyone an idea for the reason of the error message? Is it associated with Windows 10 Home?

Best regards,
    allesgeheim

:)

allesgeheim, Oct 15, 2019

2. GPResult errors in the CMD line

Hi,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects for my home computer, with Windows 10.

I have entered the cmd as an administrator, and typed: gpresult /h gpreport.html

The result was an error message:

ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/h'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it does not show the /h option in the list.

Has this option been changed or taken away? How can I get an html report for gpresults?

Thanks

ChrisMuster, Oct 15, 2019
  3. GPResult in Windows 10

Not sure if this is the right subforum, I guess it could also go in networking, but anyway...

I'm trying to test my company's Group Policy Objects. I'm used to using the command "gpresult /h gpo.html" but what I've noticed is that in Windows 10, that only shows the "user" scope, not "computer"

If I have a GPO that only has computer-level settings, it doesn't show up in that report at all - it's as if it doesn't exist!

I tried "gpresult /scope computer /h gpo.html" and got "Access denied". I'm in the Administrators group and UAC prompts are turned off, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Am I missing something here?

drfsupercenter, Oct 15, 2019
  4. ryanly Win User

[Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

[Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

1. [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report - Similar Threads - Home GPResult invalid

2. About The Group Policy In Windows 10 Home Edition?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About The Group Policy In Windows 10 Home Edition?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?, I am using Windows 10 home edition and noticed there is no group policy where I can properly configure Windows Defender and already downloaded and installed a free group policy program from a well known website and it...
  3. Fail to install group policy for Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to install group policy for Windows 10 home: Since i'm using Win 10 home, I need to install group policy by myself. According to the tutorial from the search engine, I create a bat and past code as followings and then run it as administrator. pushd "%~dp0" dir /b...
  4. Parameter is invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter is invalid: Ok since every discussion on this has been closed or locked guess I have to start a new one. This started 3 days ago and it started with the calculator app I'm guessing because I noticed it there first. But now every app including micro store and others now come up with...
  5. Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor: I have windows 10 Home installed. From what I understand is that Group Policy Editor is not available on the Home edition. However I can open it with gpd.msc. Does it mean that it works on my HOME edition?...
  6. Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home: hi, I am trying to set up my home computer with different profiles so that my kids can't access the same part of the computer as me. I am therefore trying to do this by setting up different profiles and using Group Policy Editor. However I am using Windows 10 Home edition...
  7. [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

in Windows 10 Support
    [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report: Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'. When I type gpresult /? for...
  8. enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the edit group policy application (gpedit.msc) on Windows 10 Home edition. I found an article [https://pureinfotech.com/add-group-policy-editor-gpeditmsc-windows-10-home/ ] that claims it is possible to enable it by...
  9. ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: Last week I enabled group policy editor to windows 10 home edition . I have tested on HP all in one desktop runs i3 6100T 3.2Ghz I can upload the script to enable group policy editor. I don't kNow whether its work with later editions 1607, 1709 and 1803....
  10. Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?: Ok, I have a gaming machine at home that was running W7. I upgraded to W10. It went from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro, which is fine. Not long after that, I ran into some issues that I was unable to correct, sfc /scannow was failing, and I couldn't get DISM to read the source...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the parameter is incorrect gpresult

2. gpresult parameter is incorrect windows core

3. gpresult for Windows 10 Home