Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

Discus and support Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. Can I also put my questions in future in german lamguage? 2. I connected one extern Harddisk via USB. I heard a sound "Bell", but no drive letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thundersax, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

1. Can I also put my questions in future in german lamguage?
    2. I connected one extern Harddisk via USB. I heard a sound "Bell", but no drive letter ist shown. When I see in device Manager the Harddisk is shown (WDC-WD10......). But when I look in Diskmanagement the Harddisk ist not shown. Only the two Partition and the disk 0 ist shown. When I use Computeradminstion and diskstoragemanagement the Hardisk is shown as Disk 1. But I cannot format it? Can you help me what I have to do so that I can format the new Harddisk?

:)

Thundersax, Sep 25, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Sep 25, 2020
  3. L-Par Win User
    Why is my computer only showing 3 of 4 GB of ram as usable - Running 64 bit Windows 10 and was using all 4 GB before upgrade from 64 bit windows 7

Why is my computer only showing 3 of 4 GB of ram as usable - Running 64 bit Windows 10 and was using all 4 GB before upgrade from 64 bit windows 7.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your help!

L-Par, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

Windows 10 64-bit with 3 GB RAM

Hi LimerOS,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with your question on the Windows 10 on an older computer with 3 gb RAM.

Technically you might be in spec with 3 gb RAM.

Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.

Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.

Display: 800x600.

Coincidentally, I had a relative of mine on a budget that had 4 gb of RAM, but one of the 2 gb sticks when bad on it. I removed it and worked on her computer to clean it up. Although it was not the fastest computer, it definitely something she could work on
    for basic computing and internet surfing.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

1. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64 - Similar Threads - Home Harddisk USB

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Windows 10 home 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  5. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  6. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64: For Matthiew: Last Time you helped me with the same problem. This time is the difference that the external HD is already formatted in FAT32 und that is OK. When I start partitionwizard this drive ist not shown, also not as "unallocated". But this time I can see in...
  7. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64: For Matthiew: Last Time you helped me with the same problem. This time is the difference that the external HD is already formatted in FAT32 und that is OK. When I start partitionwizard this drive ist not shown, also not as "unallocated". But this time I can see in...
  8. Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64

Windows 10 Home, Harddisk on USB, 64 Bit, 4 GB, X64: 1. Can I also put my questions in future in german lamguage? 2. I connected one extern Harddisk via USB. I heard a sound "Bell", but no drive letter ist shown. When I see in device Manager the Harddisk is shown (WDC-WD10......). But when I look in Diskmanagement the Harddisk...
  9. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  10. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...