Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm in the middle of investigation this problem (link below) and I need disable Windows Update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cliffflip, Jul 8, 2019.

1. cliffflip Win User

Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

Hi,

I'm in the middle of investigation this problem (link below) and I need disable Windows Update.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error/49b31254-6a5d-4e97-aec4-136edf46cfcc?tm=1562226760320

Currently the latest Intel and nVidia drivers are causing BSODs so I reinstall previous drivers that IIRC didn't cause it. After I uninstalled both drivers, I reinstalled them back with no Internet connection. Then after restart, Windows Update keeps downloading the latest version of both drivers, and I'm sure that they will give me another BSODs again.

So far I have :

1. Set WiFi to metered connection

2. Run this app https://support.microsoft.com/help/3073930

3. Disable Windows Update in Services.

1 and 2 doesn't work because they still bypassed by Update. 3 works so far but it means Update won't give me other updates too.

Is there any way to disable specific update(s) without sacrificing other things too? Is it really hard to give users the ability to choose what we want regarding this? Please help as I almost lost my nerve on this one.

:)

cliffflip, Jul 8, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

1. Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates? - Similar Threads - Home Disable Updates

2. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  3. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  6. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  7. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

8. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  9. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  10. How do i disable windows 10 home update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i disable windows 10 home update: Is there a way to disable w10 home edition update for good? the solution i found on google like setting up wifi limit, group policy,edit registry seems not to work as w10 ignores these setting regardless. I liked older windows where i can choose when to update my windows....