Windows 10: Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting

Discus and support Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home, and my desktop keeps going to the lock screen requiring me to type my password in after 15 minutes of idle time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SlimsyYeti, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home, and my desktop keeps going to the lock screen requiring me to type my password in after 15 minutes of idle time. I have already went to Start > Settings > System > Power and sleep, and changed the "When plugged in, turn off after" setting to never, but it keeps switching back to 15 minutes and locking after that amount of time anyway. Is this a known Windows 10 glitch? It's very annoying and I don't want to have to keep signing back in if I step away from my desktop. Thanks for any help.

:)

SlimsyYeti, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

THIS. FOR THE LAST TIME. STOP LETTING YOUR SCREEN LOCK ON IDLE. SEE STEP FIVE.

STOP MESSING WITH POLICIES. STOP MESSING WITH THE REGISTRY.

If you want to bypass the the lock screen after your computer has been left idle and/or the display sleeps, you must change this option under settings.

1. Press Start/Windows key.

2. Click on Settings gear/icon.

3. Click on Accounts.

4. Click on Sign-In Options (third choice in list).

5. First choice: "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" Click NEVER from drop down list.

Currently you cannot completely disable the windows lock screen for the latest FORCED Windows 10 Home update.

Policy changes for Windows 10 Home users will have to be made using the registry, proceed with caution. If you are not familiar with using the registry to change the actual policy keys and variables, do not attempt. For advanced users only.

UnicornBuddha, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting

1. Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting - Similar Threads - Home idle lock

2. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry setting keeps reverting: We don't use UAC and I normally turn off when I build the machines.but I also have a script that runs New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system -Name EnableLUA -PropertyType DWord -Value 0 -ForceWe have also had issues with usb...
  3. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry setting keeps reverting: We don't use UAC and I normally turn off when I build the machines.but I also have a script that runs New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system -Name EnableLUA -PropertyType DWord -Value 0 -ForceWe have also had issues with usb...
  4. Registry setting keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not locking after set idle time

Windows not locking after set idle time: Hello, I got a new laptop and initially set up the account without any internet connection to avoid my username from being truncated to 5 characters - a bug in my opinion .. but that's another topic. Anyway I then connect to my Microsoft account after getting on my wifi....
  6. Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen: Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-screen-keeps-reverting-to-previous/5a8f591d-d9be-44fc-8a66-604bb0c5eb48
  7. Windows 10 Network ID keeps reverting to "business network" after setting to "home network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network ID keeps reverting to "business network" after setting to "home network": Hi, I keep changing my Network ID under "System>Advanced System Settings>Computer Name> Network ID" from "business network" to "home computer" but it keeps reverting to "business network". This happens on both computers that I’m trying to share. Both computers are set to...
  8. Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none

Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none: Live photo gallery pictures keeps reverting to none. Works fine for a while then rebels. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-settings-in-lock-screen-windows-live/3cfae0f5-34cf-494b-b557-ae779e633bca
  9. Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted

Windows 10 Setting Home page should be reverted: After the latest cumulative update on March 10. Microsoft introduced this hideous change to the Setting home page. MS, please get rid of this change. Btw, there's a bug in it because the Windows Update status reads that "attention needed" and when I click on the icon to go to...
  10. Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo

Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo: OK, not a question - but I've been looking for an answer to the subject problem for a while, and thanks to another site that I've misplaced, I've found an answer. It may make the good folks at MS crazy that I'm screwing with their programming, but this is the only way I've...