Windows 10: Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected

Discus and support Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got my son an HP Stream laptop for Christmas that came preloaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. It updated on Sunday and now he can't connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shwltr78, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Shwltr78 Win User

Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected

I got my son an HP Stream laptop for Christmas that came preloaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. It updated on Sunday and now he can't connect to the internet. When I tried to create a new connection, I got the error message, "Windows did not detect any networking hardware." The network card doesn't even show up in Device Manager. Since it is in S mode, I can't try installing a new driver from a USB either. I tried doing a factory reset, but that did not fix the problem. Is there anything else I can try?

:)

Shwltr78, Jan 8, 2019
  2. DavidTKC Win User

Windows 10 "No Networking Hardware Detected"

After the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 pro, I have no network connection. The machine is an old HP Media Center PC.

Clicking Connect to a Network give the error: No Networking Hardware Detected

The on-board Intel PRO/100 VE Network Adapter does NOT appear in Device Manager, and there are also no "unknown" devices appearing.

HP offers no driver updates after XP. However, Windows 8.1 connected to it with no trouble.

Even if I had a driver to install, there is no networking hardware detected.

I am confounded. Can anyone please suggest a solution?

DavidTKC, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 "No Networking Hardware Detected"

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may occur if the network drivers are not updated properly or not compatible. Once you have the network driver issue fixed.

Let’s try the methods below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Network adaptor
    troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows Key on the Keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all (on the left)
    • Click on Network adaptor.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Follow the steps in the given article.

Step 1:

How do I fix network adapter problems?

Step 2:

Wired and wireless network
    connection problems in Windows

Method 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the network adaptor drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility
    mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 8, 2019
  4. DuFrayne Win User

upgraded to windows 10, now no network hardware detected

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. The system worked fine through the day. This morning the system reported it can't find wireless devices and Window's not detecting networking hardware. The machine is a Microsoft Surface. I would appreciate suggestions.

DuFrayne, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected - Similar Threads - Home mode networking

2. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  3. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  4. Windows 10 Home in S mode

Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello everyone! I have an older tablet - Lark Ultimate 7i Win, that was originally shipped with Windows 8. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 a few years back, so currently the tablet is running on Windows 10 Home 32 bit with Online Activated license. Since it is a low-cost...
  5. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: I am attempting to switch out of S mode, but when I click "Get" in the Store screen it gives a "working on it" message and then nothing for hours! Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-in-s-mode/2849e2f2-e2ec-45e2-89a3-780af5c9a861
  6. Windows 10 home in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home in S mode: If I buy a laptop with windows 10 in s mode will it absolutely be free to get it out of s mode. I want to be able to get apps outside the store. The website says that the laptop can be blocked from getting out of s mode. How common is this? submitted by /u/AlexBr967...
  7. windows 10 home s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home s mode: Why am I not able to get off of s mode? I have followed every instruction that you have and videos that SHOULD help...I have even asked my tech friend...but nothing is working. This is so frustrating!! I need to download apps and I cannot because of Edge...is there a fix?...
  8. Windows 10 Home in S-mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S-mode: I just bought a new Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Home in S-mode. My question is this: If I get out of S-mode, do I still have Windows 10 Home running? Or am I forced to buy something else? Thank you. Ian...
  9. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S Mode

Windows 10 Home in S Mode: Hi, Please let me know how to disable Windows 10 Home in S Mode? Already I followed following steps: Microsoft Store App > In the app, search for "switch out of s mode" On the Switch out of S mode, selected Get button but it says unable to upgrade Try again. Let me...