Windows 10: Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joe_298, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Joe_298 Win User

Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he used was fir windows 10 home. When he finished everything it said that windows was activated with a digital key linked to your account. That things is that it was windows 10 home. He is wondering what happened to the Windows 10 pro product key that he had before which was linked with his account.

:)

Joe_298, Aug 18, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 18, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro - Similar Threads - Home installed instead

2. Windows home instead of pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows home instead of pro: i used a bootable media to reboot my pc but the time i put my product key back in my pc it showed windows 10 home instead of windows 10 pro. what i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-home-instead-of-pro/d2e64bdf-2e99-493c-8d6c-4531079f85ac
  3. Windows 10 Home installed by GeekSquad instead of 10 Pro.

Windows 10 Home installed by GeekSquad instead of 10 Pro.: My system drive failed, so I had the GeekSquad Best Buy do a factory reset. I don't know what they used for installation media, as the factory recovery partition was unreachable. I did everything I could to avoid taking it in. Now my laptop has Win10Home instead of Pro, but...
  4. Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home: I purchased Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I downloaded and ran the Media Installation Tool. It did not give me an option to select Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, it just had the option "Windows 10". I ran it from a computer that was already running Pro, and...
  5. Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.

Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.: I mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro and now my windows won't activate. The activation troubleshoot directs me to the MS Store but there I don't have the option to install Pro and I don't have a key since it's a digital license attached to my account....
  6. Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed: I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 7040 with no drives. I purchased a new M.2 SSD and installed it. I purchased Win10 Home and have my key. I downloaded all software to create a USB and the ISO to create a DVD. No matter what I use to install, it always install Win10 Pro...
  7. inadvertant installation of Win 10 Pro instead of Home

inadvertant installation of Win 10 Pro instead of Home: While trying to reinstall Win 10 Home on this computer, I mistakenly chose Win 10 Pro. Now I am unable to go back and reinstall Home. Pro seems to be locked in and since this computer wasn't set up as a Pro box, I am not able to activate. I've changed the registry values...
  8. Accidently installed pro instead of home

Accidently installed pro instead of home: HI all a complete newbie here, My problem is that I have installed Windows 10 pro instead of the Home edition, my laptop says I have the digital licence for the Home edition and I need to install Windows 10 Home but I cannot find anywhere for a free download etc, I haven't...
  9. Installation setup Home instead of Pro.

Installation setup Home instead of Pro.: Today I had to do a clean install of Win10 which I did from a USB with the Win 10 install software on it. When completed the installation I notice it is now running 10 Home. When I run ShowKey it seems that the installation has picked up the original 8.1 OEM key from...
  10. Windows 10 Home instead of Pro

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro: Hi, I'm having an issue trying to install Windows 10 PRO. Right now I have a 7 home version pre-installed, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key. When I download W10 form Microsoft website and create the bootable device, after starting the...