Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - Installing updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - Installing updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows OS have always had issues with their OS update downloader/installer, but have never fixed it. The biggest issue is when trying to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JMT65, Jan 20, 2019.

1. JMT65 Win User

Windows 10 Home - Installing updates

Windows OS have always had issues with their OS update downloader/installer, but have never fixed it.

The biggest issue is when trying to download more than a few updates, especially the larger updates, the installer freezes and sometimes locks the computer. I had a work around with this, in previous OS, by manually picking one smaller update to download and install, and then the rest were no issue installing all at once. It was as if the installer needed to be 'woke up'. But this ability has been taken away in Windows 10. I have tried twice to install updates and it just sits at "0%". It doesn't even show me what updates there are prior to the installation process, and at no time does it tell me how big the downloads are.

I don't understand why we no longer have the right to see what we are downloading, how big the file is and download at our convenience and one at a time instead of everything all at once. Also, there have been many "important updates" in the past that had nothing to do with anything on my computer, so I hid those, to not waste my internet or space on my computer. That too has been taken away.

:)

JMT65, Jan 20, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 20, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home - Installing updates - Similar Threads - Home Installing updates

2. Installing windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 home: I have been trying to install Windows 10 home. It all begins ok but when it gets to "Getting Updates" it stalls at 46%. I even put it on a flash drive but the same thing happens. I have Widows 8.1 version 6.3. 64-bit OS 4GB RAM. What is going on that it won't continue to...
  3. Windows 10 Home Cumulative Update Failing to Install

Windows 10 Home Cumulative Update Failing to Install: Hello, I'm trying to update an older computer running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 to the current version but installation fails and undoes the changes. [ATTACH] I've followed all the instructions at this link including fixing the small errors in...
  4. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.: I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded it, but when I go to install it, using the .exe, I get error code 0xc000409, or code...
  5. Windows 10 Home update install keep failing

Windows 10 Home update install keep failing: Trying to update Windows10 Home and keep getting message "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update." Restarting many times has not helped. Any ideas on where to start looking for a...
  6. Installing Windows 10 Home

Installing Windows 10 Home: The issue is that I get an error when installing windows through the media installer that says "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D” I tried downloading the...
  7. windows 10 home version 1909 updates not installing

windows 10 home version 1909 updates not installing: Hi team I am having problems again with updates for my windows 10 version 1909 x 64 home OS Build 18363-720 DESKTOP - 4ATJCEB 2020.04 KB 4549951 19 which I presume was 19 attempts to install 2020.05 KB 4556799 20 error message 0x800706be 2020.06 KB 4560960 18 error...
  8. WINDOWS 10 HOME 1903 WILL NOT UPDATE / INSTALL

WINDOWS 10 HOME 1903 WILL NOT UPDATE / INSTALL: All attempts at above update 1903 have failed with a warning important files are missing and giving an of Error code: (0x80070003) Some update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download the update again later. You're currently running a version of Windows...
  9. Install windows 10 Home

Install windows 10 Home: Hey there. i cannot find any source on how to contact Microsoft windows Chat support. I need help installing my Windows 10 Home on a Windows 7 ultimate laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-home/b1171b50-b235-44b3-a5ff-0e8052066f0b
  10. Windows 10 (Home) update 1809 not installing

Windows 10 (Home) update 1809 not installing: Windows Update is not download/inginstalling build 1809. When I use the Update tool it downloads the update and starts the installation. Eventually the computer reboots and continues the update. At about 30% complete the computer reboots, and briefly displays a message about...