Windows 10: (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi

Discus and support (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just like the title says: When I connect over WIFI directly (PC to router, which is connected to modem), internet has issues (page doesn't load, will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/synthetic_apriori, Oct 27, 2020.

1. (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi

Just like the title says:

When I connect over WIFI directly (PC to router, which is connected to modem), internet has issues (page doesn't load, will download for a bit then stop). The status "Connected, secured" w/ full signal icon.

The strange thing is.. it works completely fine on the smartphone that's connected to the very same WIFI. And when I connect my PC to my phone over Mobile Hotspot, internet works fine again (w/ reduced speed).

Tried turning off+on router&modem, resetting network setting through Windows settings.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/synthetic_apriori
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/synthetic_apriori, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

(Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi

1. (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi - Similar Threads - Home Internet fails

2. Home Internet not working but able to ping websites. Switched over to mobile hotspot and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Internet not working but able to ping websites. Switched over to mobile hotspot and it...: out of nowhere, my Internet stopped working. Window says I’m connected and I am able to ping website using CMD. Neither ethernet nor Wi-Fi works. I have reset my network stack and nothing is helped. Why would my home Internet not work, but my hotspot works just fine. Other...
  3. Home Internet not working but able to ping websites. Switched over to mobile hotspot and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Internet not working but able to ping websites. Switched over to mobile hotspot and it...: out of nowhere, my Internet stopped working. Window says I’m connected and I am able to ping website using CMD. Neither ethernet nor Wi-Fi works. I have reset my network stack and nothing is helped. Why would my home Internet not work, but my hotspot works just fine. Other...
  4. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data: Hi I am a tax consultant and I often notice that if I am connected to wifi I don't get proper access to my portal while when I connect the same portal with my mobile data it get's connected please help me to get rid of this issue soon....
  5. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data: Hi I am a tax consultant and I often notice that if I am connected to wifi I don't get proper access to my portal while when I connect the same portal with my mobile data it get's connected please help me to get rid of this issue soon....
  6. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cross mark over wifi symbol of my mobile hotspot in windows

Cross mark over wifi symbol of my mobile hotspot in windows: I tried a few fixes like, "Network reset", "forget network", "troubleshoot", but none worked. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-mark-over-wifi-symbol-of-my-mobile-hotspot/1d352f46-7ed9-4459-8244-097cb9e4c65f
  8. Laptop internet is slow over mobile hotspot?

Laptop internet is slow over mobile hotspot?: I have a lte router that can provide my smartphone with internet access at a reasonable download speed. However, when I connect to my windows 10 laptop I already have problems loading pages in the browser. A speedtest on my laptop shows approximately the 2mbps which I...
  9. Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi: Hello. After some Windows 10 update in August I got network issues on my Asus ROG laptop. When I connect to Wifi on my mobile hotspot I got only access to IPv6 sites google, facebook and can't connect to any IPv4 site i.e. most of the internet. I can't even ping those sites...
  10. Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: I want to share my VPN internet connection over wifi. please help me regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/sharing-a-vpn-internet-over-mobile-hotspot-in/d732977f-79aa-4c9e-972c-1ec4c01fc1e1