Windows 10: Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.

Discus and support Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to windows version 2004, I suffer a really perplexing network issue: +IP configuration is normal +Ping to any IP gateway and internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanTP, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DanTP Win User

Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.

After updating to windows version 2004, I suffer a really perplexing network issue:

+IP configuration is normal

+Ping to any IP gateway and internet IP's works fine

-No TCP/UDP seems to work for any windows app including browsers, steam, etc.

-nslookup produces no console output at all, and windows event log reports an APPCRASH every time it is run

+Everything *does* work fine in windows subsystem for linux in the Ubuntu App I can use nslookup and it works, and I can download files from internet using wget over http etc.

I did all the usual things like the network diagnostics and updating system, updating drivers, everything is up to date.

The only way to fix the issue was to rollback windows version.

I am running windows 10 home 1909 19363.1198, which upgraded to 2004.

The only strange thing I noticed was some sort of network/security DOM errors in windows event viewer.

Details are below:

C:\Users\dan>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOPDAN

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 6:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : <removed>

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : <removed>

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.33Preferred

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, 18 November 2020 6:23:43 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, 19 November 2020 6:23:43 PM

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.1

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

C:\Users\dan>ping 192.168.5.1

Pinging 192.168.5.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.5.1: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.5.1:

Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 0% loss,

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 7ms, Average = 7ms

Control-C

^C

C:\Users\dan>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=119

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:

Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 0% loss,

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 28ms

Control-C

^C

C:\Users\dan>nslookup microsoft.com

C:\Users\dan>

C:\Users\dan>nslookup microsoft.com 8.8.8.8

C:\Users\dan>

======================================

dan@DESKTOPDAN:~$ nslookup google.com

Server: 192.168.5.1

Address: 192.168.5.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: google.com

Address: 216.58.200.110

Name: google.com

Address: 2404:6800:4006:810::200e

dan@DESKTOPDAN:~$ wget google.com

--2020-11-18 18:35:13-- http://google.com/

Resolving google.com google.com... 216.58.200.110, 2404:6800:4006:810::200e

Connecting to google.com google.com216.58.200.110:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently

--2020-11-18 18:35:13-- http://www.google.com/

Resolving www.google.com www.google.com... 216.58.200.100, 2404:6800:4006:803::2004

Connecting to www.google.com www.google.com216.58.200.100:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: unspecified [text/html]

Saving to: ‘index.html’

index.html [ <=> ] 13.39K --.-KB/s in 0.02s

2020-11-18 18:35:13 650 KB/s - ‘index.html’ saved [13707]

==========================

:)

DanTP, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Does every network layer device changes the source IP address in a packet?

Does every network layer device change the source IP address in a packet?

As an example, Router when receives a packet from private network, changes the source IP to its own IP and maintains the record in NAT table to keep track of which machine requested what.

Or is it that Router is the only network layer devices in the journey of message from one network to another??

KARANBIRSINGH2, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004.

1. Windows 10 home - IP layer network issues after updating to 2004. - Similar Threads - home layer network

2. What are the network layer issues that degrade the performance of the network not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the network layer issues that degrade the performance of the network not...: I want to identify what are the issues that can occur in the network layer that degrades the speed of the transmission of the network and the way to identify them....
  3. What are the network layer issues that degrade the performance of the network not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the network layer issues that degrade the performance of the network not...: I want to identify what are the issues that can occur in the network layer that degrades the speed of the transmission of the network and the way to identify them....
  4. What are the network layer issues that degrade the performance of the network not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Home network - PCs unable to connect after the Win10 2004 update

Home network - PCs unable to connect after the Win10 2004 update: I have a simple home network for my 2 PCs connected by CAT6 cable to the same router. File share for some folders is enabled and access to this has been working perfectly. ... Until the Version 2004 update was done last week on both PCs. Now I get an error - it cant connect...
  6. Windows 10 Home new update 2004 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home new update 2004 issues: Hey Hi everyone, I have just updated latest windows 10 updates : 2004 version. After installation. i have faced so many problems as listed below, I am using micromax canvass LT777 2 in1 Laptab. 1. My touchscreen stop working. It doesnt show up in device manager - HID...
  7. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  8. Network issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network issues after 2004 update: Ever since I got the windows 2004 update, my WiFi speeds have been reduced drastically. I have tried the command prompt solution, reinstalling drivers, updating drivers and resetting network. Could someone help me with this? submitted by /u/SiLenT_KnIGhT12 [link]...
  9. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update: I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I am having. To note, Windows Updates auto pushed the May 2020 update to my PC. I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use to be...
  10. OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004

OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004: Hi! I am using windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I updated my PC to Build 2004. When I restarted it, there was an error by onedrive showing Files On-Demand error. I Tried again but it remained the same. I clicked on download and when I downloaded the files, it showed error...