Windows 10: Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

Discus and support Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to convert to Windows partition format?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertThorne_714, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

How to convert to Windows partition format?

:)

RobertThorne_714, Aug 10, 2019

2. Help on Partition 1TB HDD into GPT format

Hi people, I am planning to convert a 1TB hdd into GPT format. Here's how I want to partition the disk: 450MB for WinRE, 100MB for EFI, 128MB for MSR, 5GB for Recovery, 100GB for windows and then the rest are for more partitions.
    My question here, are these partion sizes okay for an UEFI Windows 10 installation? Especially, I cannot be sure how large the Recovery and WinRE, partitions should be. So some advice would be helpful.

Royal Bengal Tiger, Aug 10, 2019
  3. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

Help on Partition 1TB HDD into GPT format

Yeah, I noticed that. But this page (Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions) says:
    Recovery image partition

When used, this partition includes the Windows recovery image (install.wim).

The size of this partition must include space for the Windows recovery image (at least 2 GB), plus enough free space so that the partition can be captured by backup utilities:

• It must have at least 320 MB of free space.
    We recommend that it should have at least 1 GB free.​
    There's the confusion.

And look here: Sample: Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart
    This page shows a sample script to be used with DiskPart. And it doesn't provide the size for the recovery partition.

I'm pretty much newbie in this field. So any explanation of those things would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Royal Bengal Tiger, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

1. Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format. - Similar Threads - home saved GPT

2. Partition sсheme GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition sсheme GPT: Hi , i have EFI and windows 10. I want to install Windows Thin(32bit) but in a program like Rufus I can only choose MBR and NTFS. I cant install. How to write to a USB Windows Thin with GPT and FAT32. Did you know live usb with installation Windows Thin? 143203
  3. gpt partition issue

gpt partition issue: I recently purchase a new ssd and decided to do a fresh install of windows on it, only to run into a host of unsolvable problems. Right off the bat windows refused to be installed on to my ssd, so I cleaned it, no effect. So i went into bios and changed from UEFI legacy to...
  4. MBR or GPT Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR or GPT Format: Greetings, Which is the recommended format to use on my new hdd? GPT or MBR? As GPT always have extra partitions when install Windows 10. I don't really like to have these partitions on my hdd. If I use MBR format, will my other hdds (2 X 4TB) in GPT be available to use?...
  5. MBR or GPT Format

in Windows 10 Support
    MBR or GPT Format: Greetings, Which is the recommended format to use on my new hdd? GPT or MBR? As GPT always have extra partitions when install Windows 10. I don't really like to have these partitions on my hdd. If I use MBR format, will my other hdds (2 X 4TB) in GPT be available to use?...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on GPT partition

Installing Windows 10 on GPT partition: I've a Lenovo IdeaPad 110 Laptop which is currently running windows 10 on MBR partition. I want to do a clean install to change the partition type to GPT (My lap supports UEFI). How do i do that ?...
  7. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  8. Partition oddity with GPT

Partition oddity with GPT: I was going to do a Linux Mint upgrade and ran into a partition problem. I had an overlapping partition. I got that straightened out, but when I run Gparted I get the following message and would like to repair the partition table accordingly. While it is a Linux message; the...
  9. 14367 and GPT Partitions

14367 and GPT Partitions: New MB and first time with GPT partitions. Basic question, do I need all of these? 53638
  10. Hide an gpt partition

Hide an gpt partition: Hi, i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt. does anyone know how to hide? the Set id only work in mbr mode *Sad thanks 36927