Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Key won't activate

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Key won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I paid for the windows 10 pro upgrade through the Microsoft store Settings > Activation > Upgrade. When I clicked install, it failed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JS Lalonde, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home Key won't activate

Hello, I paid for the windows 10 pro upgrade through the Microsoft store Settings > Activation > Upgrade. When I clicked install, it failed. I restarted my PC, it did an update updated features and when I logged back in I now have Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows is not activated.I logged in to my Microsoft account, entered the product key for Windows 10 Home that I purchased September 2019 and it does not work. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to contact Microsoft which is infuriating because now not only did I pay for the upgrade, but my original key no longer works. The pr

:)

JS Lalonde, Sep 19, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 19, 2021
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 10 activation question

You get assigned a new Key in Win10 when upgrading. It looks like it might follow the same channel as your original Key. My WMC key was retail channel and my Win 10 Key shows as retail too. Hopefully that means I won;t have to worry too much when upgrading my PC.

silkstone, Sep 19, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Home Key won't activate

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Key won't activate

1. Windows 10 Home Key won't activate - Similar Threads - Home Key won't

2. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  3. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home activation key: Hi. I have a windows 10 home single language that was upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now, it gives me a warning that my license is going to expire soon. Trying to enter my activation key from windows 10 home but is not working. The product key is built-in from the unit...
  4. windows 10 home activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 home activation key

windows 10 home activation key: Hi, my pc's laptop always say's "activate windows" although windows comes with the pc. when i press "trouble shoot" it says "something interrupted our troubleshooting". I've been trying this for 2 weeks now. i'm very confused pls help : it might be a virusRegards,Tobe sorry...
  6. windows 10 home won't activate my pc won't except the product key code

windows 10 home won't activate my pc won't except the product key code: help activating winbdows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-wont-activate-my-pc-wont-except/432b1604-794d-4032-adef-39e38f6f9ce4
  7. windows 10 home activation key

windows 10 home activation key: I have created an ISO with the windows media tool and installed windows 10 home on a new pc I built. Now I want to activate it. Every time I try I get no servers available try again later. Can I just download an activation key from any pc and pay for it online at the MS Store...
  8. Windows 10 Home won't activate!

Windows 10 Home won't activate!: Hey, After over a year+ of use, suddenly my windows 10 is asking to be activated. Red Error message on Settings > 'ACTIVATION' 'We cant activate because you dont have a valid code etc' Error: 0xC004F012 So I troubleshoot activation and get this error: Something...
  9. Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall

Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall: Hello, I recently uninstalled my windows 10 home product key from my PC after preparing to move my windows 10 key to a new device. I have freshly installed windows but the system is telling me that no product key is detected. On my previous PC, the activation settings said...
  10. Windows 10 Home N won't activate

Windows 10 Home N won't activate: OK never mind, I just reinstalled Windows selecting the correct version and it was automatically activated. Now I'm in for another day of tweaking and reinstalling all programs *Wink Thanks.