Windows 10: Windows 10 home key

Discus and support Windows 10 home key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently bought the product key for windows 10 home, but did not realize that i have pro on my computer. of course the windows home does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ElliottBack, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 home key

I have recently bought the product key for windows 10 home, but did not realize that i have pro on my computer. of course the windows home does not work. is there a way to get a refund for the 150 dollars so i can buy the pro version? i am not a computer guy so and i admit i should have known better, but Microsoft should allow a refund for something bought that doesnt work

:)

ElliottBack, Mar 29, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 home key

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 home key

1. Windows 10 home key - Similar Threads - home key

2. I bought Windows 11 home, never received a confirmation email with product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Windows 11 home, never received a confirmation email with product key: Hello,I bought the Windows 11 Home from the official Microsoft site https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11?wa=wsignin1.0 on the 13th of March and I only got the product key displayed on the website, which disappeared after closing the tab.It's already two days...
  3. I bought Windows 11 home, never received a confirmation email with product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought Windows 11 home, never received a confirmation email with product key: Hello,I bought the Windows 11 Home from the official Microsoft site https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11?wa=wsignin1.0 on the 13th of March and I only got the product key displayed on the website, which disappeared after closing the tab.It's already two days...
  4. Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?

Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?: Split from this thread. Emily et all,I am running into the same issue. Recently, I purchased a W11 Pro key to upgrade from W11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I have completed a complete format, etc. and the only ISO I can find are for Home. It has been noted that one should be able...
  5. Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?: Split from this thread. Emily et all,I am running into the same issue. Recently, I purchased a W11 Pro key to upgrade from W11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I have completed a complete format, etc. and the only ISO I can find are for Home. It has been noted that one should be able...
  6. Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?: My friend is building new pc , he installed windows 11 home on his pc but his windows was not activated, so he directly put windows 11 pro key in the "change product key section". After a while windows 11 home was activated but professional version was not active . i checked...
  7. Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?

Why home version was installed after putting key of professional version?: My friend is building new pc , he installed windows 11 home on his pc but his windows was not activated, so he directly put windows 11 pro key in the "change product key section". After a while windows 11 home was activated but professional version was not active . i checked...
  8. Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home: I have an old laptop running on Win 10 Home that came with it. Although I'm eligible for the free upgrade to Win 11, system requirements are not met. I'm in the process of assembling a new PC. Wondering if there is any way to install Win 11 in new PC and activate it using the...
  9. Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home

Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home: I have an old laptop running on Win 10 Home that came with it. Although I'm eligible for the free upgrade to Win 11, system requirements are not met. I'm in the process of assembling a new PC. Wondering if there is any way to install Win 11 in new PC and activate it using the...
  10. Activation Key transfer from Old Laptop Win 10 Home to new PC Win 11 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation