Windows 10: Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wolfpack68, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to solve the "access not allowed", "cannot access network path", cannot map to my NAS, cannot see other computer on my network. Five computers on my LAN. All are running up-to-date Windows 10 Home. Current version is 10.0.18362.356. Have been running the NAS and computer access for years without these issues. Some machines can map, some cannot. At times, I cannot access the NAS by IP or Name through it's browser UI. Timeout with no success. Rebooted all devices: computers, NAS, and router. Still many errors.

I have yet to find a solution or even an admission that something is not right in the OS. Admittedly, I'm just one of those low life home users and don't add a lot of bucks to the Microsoft coffers, but from all my web searches I find I am definitely not alone. Many, many out there. A comprehensive solution from Microsoft should be issued.

Credential manager, Group Policy, DISM, sfc, etc. Nothing helps. Even the backup option (File history, Windows 7) cannot access the NAS.

Before someone tells me to reload a clean copy of Windows, I just had to do that on two of my machines because of other problems. Complete reformat of drive and reinstall in both cases with the same issues.

Anybody at Microsoft care??

:)

wolfpack68, Sep 25, 2019

2. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Sep 25, 2019
  3. UKMedia Win User
    W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

I still think this must be a setting and so re-installing Win10 won't fix. Before you reinstall, I suggest that you create a new Workgroup and see if that works. (Choose Work in the Wizard, not home)

Good luck... Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems :)

Regards

UKMedia, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

1. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems - Similar Threads - Home LAN Network

2. lan network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lan network problem: I am using a lan USB input to the computer, but the PC think is a CD input, I don't know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-network-problem/8a922329-a242-474e-a7b3-e737102516ae
  3. lan network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lan network problem: I am using a lan USB input to the computer, but the PC think is a CD input, I don't know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-network-problem/8a922329-a242-474e-a7b3-e737102516ae
  4. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...
  5. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...
  6. Sharing a folder on home private LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a folder on home private LAN: On my private LAN I want to share documents on system A with system B. System A's File Explorer shows that the Network folder displays both systems listed first is system B - as DESKTOP-FLKD0I5, then system A as DESKTOP-NG6EJEC. That's all. In system A's File Explorer I...
  7. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...
  8. windows 10 home lan network problem

windows 10 home lan network problem: I have 3 Pc in LAN. All having same version windows 10 home. all are same network group say WORKGROUP. there are 3 Pc . PC A ,B C. In Pc B i m facing problem. as in Pc B i can see all lan pc name on network but could not access A and C. but from PC A & C i can access Pc B....
  9. "Permissions" problems: can't share files on home LAN computers

"Permissions" problems: can't share files on home LAN computers: I've got a LAN in my home/office with 5 machines now running Win 10 and I've not been able to transfer files between them due to "permission problems". These were all running Win 7 and sharing files with no problems but now I'm blocked. I've made every "advanced" change I can...
  10. Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network: I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC...