Windows 10: Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TrienNgo, Apr 5, 2022.

1. TrienNgo Win User

Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The Microsoft product key tool found the license code but was not accepted by the activation server. What to do? How to activate the HP laptop now? I don't want to pay for another Win10 Home license from Microsoft Store cost me 150 US or more? Any help is appreciated.

:)

TrienNgo, Apr 5, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Adam Win User
    How to reset BIOS F.60 on HP Laptop 15-bs111ur?

A couple of months ago I updated BIOS of my HP Laptop 15-bs111ur on F.60. I am sure that I downloaded F.60 from the official website. Around the same time, after BIOS upgrading I started to hear loud fan noise. I performed many steps to fix it:

1. Updated all drivers;
    2. Reinstalled Windows 10 Home Edition;
    3. Used all tests from HP Support Assistant;
    4. Thermal paste was replaced;
    5. The fan was replaced (yes, I even installed a new fan for CPU).

Nothing helped.

Recently, I noticed, that F.60 version was gone from the list of versions supported for my bs-111ur. And now, obviously, I am pretty sure BIOS should be reset. I tried to reset BIOS with the following ways:

How I can reset BIOS? Or maybe there is some way to downgrade F.60 on F.52?

Adam, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

Reset Windows 10 prior to selling laptop

Since I saw this late, you have probably already sold this -- but you need to know that a factory reset does NOT wipe the drive; all it does is reformat it. That means any personal/sensitive data you had on it is still there! Any decent data recovery program will be able to recover most of not all of that.

There is a tutorial on the HP Support Forums about the steps needed to wipe and restore the PC so that your personal data is really gone.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

1. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop. - Similar Threads - Home license gone

2. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop: AV errors that locked to laptop. Now, I perform reset on the laptop and now my Windows is not activated. I downloaded the Microsoft tools to get my license and tried to activate it but it is not accepting. Error 0xC0000022. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop: AV errors that locked to laptop. Now, I perform reset on the laptop and now my Windows is not activated. I downloaded the Microsoft tools to get my license and tried to activate it but it is not accepting. Error 0xC0000022. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Home license gone

Windows 10 Home license gone: I just reset my laptop 6 months old due to some AV error that locked me in the device. After that my product key is not working or rather my Windows is not activated anymore. I need help since this computer needs for my work....
  6. Windows 10 Home license gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home license gone: I just reset my laptop 6 months old due to some AV error that locked me in the device. After that my product key is not working or rather my Windows is not activated anymore. I need help since this computer needs for my work....
  7. Windows 10 Home license gone

8. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.: Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The Microsoft product key tool found the license code but was not accepted by the activation server. What to do? How to activate the HP...
  9. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.: Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The Microsoft product key tool found the license code but was not accepted by the activation server. What to do? How to activate the HP...
  10. Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop

Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop: Hello, After Resetting Windows 10 home single language on my HP laptop, the computer now says "Windows is not activated". During Reset of windows it did not asked for a key. I thought this was ok because this HP laptop should have been digitally licensed with windows 10...