Windows 10: Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Home license on new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an existing Windows 10 Home license I double checked, and it has a product key which came with my desktop. Early this week I bought a laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rabbitears1024, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

I have an existing Windows 10 Home license I double checked, and it has a product key which came with my desktop.

Early this week I bought a laptop, and have managed to link / use this same license for the laptop. I factory reset the desktop and also removed the desktop from the list of devices linked to my Microsoft account. So as far as I'm aware the license is only active on the laptop now.

This might be a dumb question, but what I'd like to know is how I managed to set up Windows 10 on the laptop without first removing it from the desktop as from what I understand the license is only for one device at a time.

In addition, I may be getting a new desktop in the near future, which will then mean I also need Windows 10 on it.

I'd appreciate any help / light shed on this issue.

:)

Rabbitears1024, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 22, 2020
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

1. Windows 10 Home license on new laptop - Similar Threads - Home license laptop

2. licensed windows Home 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    licensed windows Home 10: Hi.I have a licensed windows bought installed on my notebook. I want to sell it and i can't disable the licensed windows after reinstalling it from the same disk. my pc detects the license automaticallyCould you please explan if i sell my pc this way, would i be able to use...
  3. licensed windows Home 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    licensed windows Home 10: Hi.I have a licensed windows bought installed on my notebook. I want to sell it and i can't disable the licensed windows after reinstalling it from the same disk. my pc detects the license automaticallyCould you please explan if i sell my pc this way, would i be able to use...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license: On my old laptop, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Editioncame pre-installed using Microsoft Store. It shows 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. I'm assuming that it means that the license is linked to my Microsoft Account. With the 'slmgr -dli' cmd it shows...
  5. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home: Hello there, My old laptop has retired which came with DOS, I bought "Windows 7 pro" for it; then later upgraded it to "Win 10 pro" as Microsoft was generous to let me do that for free. Now I bought a new laptop which has OEM "Windows 10 Home", I wish to make use of...
  7. Windows 10 Home License

Windows 10 Home License: Hey all-I’ve got a question. Ive been trying to swallow the expensive price of Windows, and have been looking around for cheaper keys. Does anyone know if the digital download keys amazon sells are legit...
  8. Windows 10 home License

Windows 10 home License: Hi I've recently upgraded my windows 10 home to windows 10 pro now what happens to my windows 10 home license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-license/4a84d250-7a04-4d9d-bf60-3d90640cfb1a"
  9. new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home

new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 1 laptop with windows 10 Home. Shouldn't the Windows 10 license be on sticker stuck to the laptop or on paperwork in the box the laptop came in?...
  10. Windows 10 Home License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home License: Hi, A few weeks ago, I got a motherboard upgrade. Before I did the upgrade, I made sure that I linked the digital license to my Windows account, so that when I swapped out the motherboard I could reactivate Windows, however I've tried on many occasions and it will not let...