Windows 10: Windows 10 Home license transfer question

Discus and support Windows 10 Home license transfer question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm planning on building a new PC and I currently run Windows 10 Home. I originally bought windows 10 for this computer a few years ago. Oddly enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BuckyMcBuckles, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home license transfer question

I'm planning on building a new PC and I currently run Windows 10 Home. I originally bought windows 10 for this computer a few years ago. Oddly enough I can't find the CD but I still have the sleeve with the product key on it. Can I transfer the license to the new PC or use the same product key if I deactivate windows on this PC? Can I use the method of creating a USB flash drive with Windows 10 installation media on it?

:)

BuckyMcBuckles, Nov 3, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home license transfer question

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home license transfer question

1. Windows 10 Home license transfer question - Similar Threads - Home license transfer

2. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license transfer question: Hi,I've got a question regarding Windows licensing. I currently have a Windows 10 Home OEM license on my laptop and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro edition from Microsoft Store. If I get another PC, can I transfer this Pro license from my laptop to the new PC, or is it...
  3. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license transfer question: Hi,I've got a question regarding Windows licensing. I currently have a Windows 10 Home OEM license on my laptop and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro edition from Microsoft Store. If I get another PC, can I transfer this Pro license from my laptop to the new PC, or is it...
  4. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home license Transfer question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home license Transfer question: So i built my pc about a year ago and since then i've been running the free windows 10 install offered by microsoft (which includes the watermark), even now the full windows 10 fee is a hard pill to swallow but its tempting for the customization options and the removal of the...
  6. Windows 10 Home license transfer/reactivation problem

Windows 10 Home license transfer/reactivation problem: Hi to whom it may concern, I will list my problem below: I have an old laptop with active licenses. Its not OEM. I used to have win7 witch I upgraded years back. I don't have cd key anymore. I bought new laptop with no windows. I formatted old laptop. I installed new...
  7. Windows 10 Home retail license transfer

Windows 10 Home retail license transfer: Hi, I run into a problem, that I cant seem to find a way to transfer my retail non OEM license between my old laptop witch I will no longer use and new one i bought recently. Old laptop has windows activated, new one - not. Before I installed new laptop with win10 I...
  8. Transfer license question

Transfer license question: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Pro. I have my digital license connected to my Microsoft account. If I want to transfer to a new PC, would I have to deactivate my product key on my old PC in order to use it on the new one?...
  9. Question about transferring license

Question about transferring license: One of my PCs, which I built myself, originally ran Windows 7, which I later updated to Windows 10 while it was still available as a free download. This PC has now reaching end of life and I'm wondering if there will be any issues using the same product key on a new computer....
  10. License Transfer question

in Windows 10 Support
    License Transfer question: I have a new HP envy 17.3" laptop that came with W8.1. I have upgraded to W10. I also have an older laptop, Toshiba Satellite P755/P750 that previously had W7 but was upgraded with a retail version of W8 then updated to W8.1. This was the Pro edition. I upgraded to W10...