Windows 10: Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Discus and support Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day all! I have a Windows 10 Home digital license on my laptop. I went and checked and it says that it's linked to my Microsoft Account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PedroSanchez97, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Good day all!

I have a Windows 10 Home digital license on my laptop. I went and checked and it says that it's linked to my Microsoft Account.

I recently just bought a new PC, and I need to install Windows on it.

My question is: if I log in with the same Microsoft account, would the windows activate?

Thank you very much!

Have a great day.

:)

PedroSanchez97, Dec 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Good day all! I hope you are all well.

I have a Windows 10 Home digital license which came from the free upgrade path from a retail version of Windows 7 Home.

As far as I remember my Windows 7 Home license allowed the software to be installed on 3 different machines.

I understand however that Windows 10 digital licenses appear to be tied to the hardware on which they are installed and don't seem to allow installation across multiple machines (or at least it is not obvious).

I have downloaded the Windows 10 installation media onto a USB flash drive and have installed in on a new laptop however the activation options I am given relate either to a hardware change on my older laptop or to purchase a copy from the Microsoft store.

Neither of these are what I want. I just want a fresh install on my new laptop.

My activated copy on my original laptop states that my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account so I assumed by signing in as this on the new laptop during install that it would somehow pick up the license.

Can someone please let me know the following:

a) If I can install my copy of Windows 10 with a digital license across multiple machines

b) If so how?

c) If not, why not - as my original license was for 3 machines.

Super thanks for your time.

Have a great day!

Timmy.

Alchemistry_AtYa, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Thanks for the response.

From what you say I understand that I could move my license to a new machine but could not run it on multiple machines at the same time as per my original Windows 7 license.

I feel a little duped by this as my original £90 or so for Windows 7 across three machines in a small home studio will now effectively cost me £380 ish if I want to recreate the setup.

I wonder if i could still install my original Windows 7 from DVD with the original license key on my other two machines?

Have a good day!

Alchemistry_AtYa, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Is Windows 10 Pro License Good for Multiple PCs?

I have Windows 10 Pro installed on one machine but have another PC ordered and on the way and am wondering if my current license can be installed on multiple machines (how many, 1, 3, 5...more?)

How do I determine this myself?....I went onto my Microsoft account and can't even find my current license listed, so that didn't go anywhere.

AdamChicago, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

1. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines - Similar Threads - Home License multiple

2. licensed windows Home 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    licensed windows Home 10: Hi.I have a licensed windows bought installed on my notebook. I want to sell it and i can't disable the licensed windows after reinstalling it from the same disk. my pc detects the license automaticallyCould you please explan if i sell my pc this way, would i be able to use...
  3. licensed windows Home 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    licensed windows Home 10: Hi.I have a licensed windows bought installed on my notebook. I want to sell it and i can't disable the licensed windows after reinstalling it from the same disk. my pc detects the license automaticallyCould you please explan if i sell my pc this way, would i be able to use...
  4. Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines: Hey everyone,I want to be able to control multiple different Windows 10 pc admin settings from one administrator account. For example, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad, and I want to control the admin settings on two other Windows 10 machines. I do not want to have separate admin...
  5. Windows license for multiple non-simultaneously run virtual machines

Windows license for multiple non-simultaneously run virtual machines: Hi, I have a windows 10 license for the guest running on VirtualBox. When doing software troubleshooting, I often find myself needing to clone the virtual machine for testing since I need to uninstall/install software for testing compatibilities. I do NOT need to...
  6. Windows 10 Home License

Windows 10 Home License: Hey all-I’ve got a question. Ive been trying to swallow the expensive price of Windows, and have been looking around for cheaper keys. Does anyone know if the digital download keys amazon sells are legit...
  7. windows 10 multiple licenses

windows 10 multiple licenses: ive recently upgraded 3 of my laptops with solid state drives. I want to install windows on them. is there anyway I can get multiple licenses without spending over $400 ?...
  8. multiple licenses for windows 10

multiple licenses for windows 10: I had bought a windows 10 pro a few months ago and i bought a second pc and want to have windows 10 pro in it. Is it possible to buy a second license for the windows i have so i dont spend so much money buying a new windows 10 pro? Thank you very much...
  9. Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines

Windows 10 Home License with multiple machines: Good day all! I hope you are all well. I have a Windows 10 Home digital license which came from the free upgrade path from a retail version of Windows 7 Home. As far as I remember my Windows 7 Home license allowed the software to be installed on 3 different machines. I...
  10. Windows 10 Home License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home License: Hi, A few weeks ago, I got a motherboard upgrade. Before I did the upgrade, I made sure that I linked the digital license to my Windows account, so that when I swapped out the motherboard I could reactivate Windows, however I've tried on many occasions and it will not let...