Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, lost administrator account, can't return it back

Discus and support Windows 10 Home, lost administrator account, can't return it back in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account was admin before then I tried to putting it to standard because I thought that would fix the log in when you start your pc. Then now I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by maca0303, Dec 1, 2019.

1. maca0303 Win User

Windows 10 Home, lost administrator account, can't return it back

My account was admin before then I tried to putting it to standard because I thought that would fix the log in when you start your pc. Then now I'm stuck in standard.

I can't open cmd(admin) can't open some apps with uac in it, can't open netplwiz it won't let me, it says sign in as admin but no bars to type in account, it just says no when I try to open it, the only option is no.

I tried with recovering my pc, then with adding the users and groups from registry editor and now after recovering doesn't find me the config file, I tried with mmc.exe and it doesn't let me add local users and groups from there either.

The Windows version is 10.0.18362

Please give me some answer a didn't tried, or let me know if there is no solution for this and I'll need to reinstall my op.

Thank you in advanced.

:)

maca0303, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Home, lost administrator account, can't return it back :(

Zakin, Dec 1, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Lost Administrator account

Hello,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is by enabling the built-in administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • Restart the system and create a
      new user account

Once you create the new administrator user account you can disable the Built-in Administrator Account by:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:no
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • Restart the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home, lost administrator account, can't return it back - Similar Threads - Home lost administrator

2. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  3. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home: I had a single admin account on my new PC, a Microsoft account. I changed it to a standard account (still a Microsoft Account). Now I only have this Standard account and cannot do anything that needs admin rights. I tried Run > netplwiz to see if I can see the default...
  6. I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home: I had a single admin account on my new PC, a Microsoft account. I changed it to a standard account still a Microsoft Account. Now I only have this Standard account and cannot do anything that needs admin rights. I tried Run > netplwiz to see if I can see the default...
  7. I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost my administrator account in Windows 10 Home: I had a single admin account on my new PC, a Microsoft account. I changed it to a standard account (still a Microsoft Account). Now I only have this Standard account and cannot do anything that needs admin rights. I tried Run > netplwiz to see if I can see the default...
  8. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account: how to create new administrator account every time I try to do anything UAC pops up. I can't update anymore. Please help. I have a Microsoft account & created a local account....
  9. Returning Windows 10 Home

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Returning Windows 10 Home: What is the process for obtaining a return of purchase price (May 8) for Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-windows-10-home/e93cd5df-e942-459f-8a6e-71fcb4841bf9"
  10. administrator account lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....