Windows 10: Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium

Discus and support Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am working with a client that has Windows 10 Home. We are recommending M365 Business Premium. We understand the M365 Business Premium license would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Demars, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium

I am working with a client that has Windows 10 Home. We are recommending M365 Business Premium.

We understand the M365 Business Premium license would permit upgrading Windows 7 Pro or 8/8.1 Pro systems to Windows 10 Pro.

But what about Windows 10 Home? Can this also be done using what is included with M365 Business Premium?

:)

Michael Demars, Apr 21, 2021

2. M365 Enteprise - Is an underlying OEM OS required in order to deploy Windows on to laptops using M365

M365 Business and M365 Enterprise are the only ones but the requirements are the same as enterprise

Neftali Ramirez, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Microsoft 365 Business and Windows 10 Licensing

If customer buy the Microsoft 365 Business subscription for employees, does it means custumer do not need to buy any licensing for windows 10, because it is included in M365 subscription.

And when IT need to deploy Windows 10 on devices(such as labtops), IT just need to install a lastest version of Windows 10 ISO, and with out activate this Windows 10, IT connect this device to internet, login on with M365 subscription, this Windows 10 will
    activate as Windows 10 Business by M365 subscription.

Is that right?

Edvinas Krasauskas, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium

Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right??

The M365 Plans page had previously shown that the "Business" version included a license to both the Office Products and Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the licenses, joined my company's PC's to the Azure AD on that tenant and ended up with a bunch of inactivated
    Windows PC's. The previous parent org licensed these machines via an EA license.

My CSP is utterly useless and keeps quoting Microsoft websites about using M365 to upgrade Pro to Enterprise - but that's not what I'm trying to do.

A single one of my PC's, that I forced to update to 1809 did activate and shows my Edition as "Windows 10 Business" and my Subscription as "Windows 10 Business subscription is active." But all of my other PCs are only updating to 1803, and say that the
    Activation Server is unavailable. But everything I find says the activation should be automatic for 1709 and above.

Now I'm panicking a bit because Microsoft updated their M365 page (

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/small-business-solutions?lml=false)
    and removed any reference to Windows 10 in the features list.

So does anyone know what happened? Is it still included? Or did MS change their minds and pull it? And if it is included, how do I get it to activate?

Thanks in advance.

Reagan Johnson, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium

1. Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium - Similar Threads - Home M365 Business

2. 0x8007007B Microsoft 365 Business Premium

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x8007007B Microsoft 365 Business Premium: Hello, Our company purchased several Microsoft 365 Business Premium licenses in December 2020, we cannot fully use them because they do not activate windows 10 business. Upon activation, we receive the following error: "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't...
  3. Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?

Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?: We have a customer who has 150 users and they are looking for a cost effective licensing method. They prefer to have their office installed , which is office 2019 pro and windows 10 pro, however this is very costly. We planned to suggest them M365 Business standard. does it...
  4. Windows Home premium

Windows Home premium: At present am running a computer on Windows Pro. I have built another computer and want to run it with Windows Home premium as the extra "bells and whistles " are not used. My question is where is the best place to download the installation file and then buy a genuine...
  5. Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium: I've been trying to update an HP Pavilion Slimline computer from the Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium. The computer hardware exceeds all of the requirements for Windows 10. I thought it would be straight forward. P.S. I have 40 years of technology...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Home to Pro, after buying Microsoft Business Premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 Home to Pro, after buying Microsoft Business Premium: Hi everyone, There is a simple answer, at least I hope so. I bought Microsoft 365 Business Premium I decided that dusting off my fathers "old" laptop Windows 7 would be a great idea. Give it to my young boy, learning purposes. I furnished his PC with some apps,...
  7. Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium?

Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium?: How do I know if I am running Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium? The Edition under Windows Specification just says Windows Home. It does not specify Basic or Premium. How do I know which one it is? I need to know because of a memory upgrade question. RAM limits for Home...
  8. About Windows 10 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About Windows 10 Home Premium: I install Windows in this System 5 days ago. Problem is that from yesterday Old windows folder is see today. I don't want to keep this old windows file. Now what can I do to solve that problem?...
  9. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...
  10. Access now included in Office 365 Business and Business Premium

in Windows 10 News
    Access now included in Office 365 Business and Business Premium: As businesses of all sizes come to realize the value of data analytics to inform decision-making, many are also discovering the need for database solutions like Microsoft Access to help collect, organize and share data, as well as create reports that deliver valuable...