Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?)

Discus and support Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home, fully updated. The MS Mail app sometimes fails to print to my only printer. If I look in MS Settings/Printers it shows my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_Weston_987, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?)

I am using Windows 10 Home, fully updated. The MS Mail app sometimes fails to print to my only printer. If I look in MS Settings/Printers it shows my printer is "not connected", if I click "manage" it says the printer is "idle" and will happily print me a test page! All other apps are fine, I can print from WORD, EXCEL etc. I have tried Restarting but that doesn't work. Some days it is fine, but not today! A bit cheesed-off! A proper solution required, anyone HELP!

:)

John_Weston_987, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Windows 10 Mail app won't print some messages

We appreciate that you perform the steps that we've provided. We'd like to know if you're able to print files when using other applications. Since you mentioned that the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the Windows 10 Mail app
    using the Windows PowerShell. To do this, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Windows PowerShell, right-click on it, then select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the command below:
      • Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage, then press
        Enter.

Once done, we suggest that you download theWindows 10 Mail and Calendar app from the
    Windows Store.

Get back to us with the result.

Clark Ari, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 27, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?)

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?)

1. Windows 10 Home, Mail app fails to print, sometimes (problems in Settings?) - Similar Threads - Home Mail app

2. Having problems with Microsoft Store and Mail app in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with Microsoft Store and Mail app in Windows 10 Home: The Microsoft Mail app has disappeared from my PC Acer AspireZ24-880. It seems I could get it back via the Microsoft store but that app is missing too, I've reset Windows 10 Home to no avail. Can you guide me?...
  3. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10: The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset my PC so the problem happens again while I dont remember the solution that I applied.I tried to memorize it but really can...
  4. Printing from Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing from Windows 10 Mail App: Hi, ever since I printed a few 4 x6 photo's on my HP 5000 printer, everything I print from Windows 10 mail comes out microscopically reduced to fit on a 4 x 6 photo paper. I have reset the paper size in Windows Settings, in the print options from within Windows mail ......
  5. windows 10 mail app printing is tiny

windows 10 mail app printing is tiny: On Friday December 11th, after an update to the mail app, everytime I print from the mail app the print is tiny, and in the top left 1/8 of a page. Can you please fix this? I can print from the calendar in the mail app and it prints fine. Its just from the email mail app....
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - print is tiny

Windows 10 Mail App - print is tiny: Since last friday whenever printing an email from the Mail App we get a scaled down version! Only a portion of the paper is filled with the EMail. This even happens when printing to pdf files! This is not a print-driver issue since we can print normaly from any other...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Does NOT Print!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mail App Does NOT Print!: I see this is a recurring problem. All updates on my Brother printer. Every other program works fine. Latest Windows update not too long ago. Did that screw it up? This is frustrating...
  8. Windows 10 Mail App Does NOT Print!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail App Does NOT Print!: Nothing has been fixed since the posting on here 4 years ago? and you have to laugh when Microsoft say " try the troubleshooter! " he he he he, can anyone remember the time that a troubleshooter has actually worked because I can't, and I have been using computers since...
  9. Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app: EML document will not print from Windows Mail. Clicked the three dots, select to Print and nothing happens. Printer works fine when printing photos and other documents. The EML doc sent was a receipt that was needed to print. Ended up having to 'Snip' as much of the...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App fail ..

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App fail ..: Hi When I select the win 10 Mail App it says it is not working and I am requested to download the App again. I did try but the download failed. I read elsewhere that I need to delete the App before attempting the download and I have now the procedure to do that. My question...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 mail fails to print

2. windows 10 mail will somtimes not print