Windows 10: Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010

Discus and support Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would prefer to have my default email as Outlook. I have it set as the default but keep getting an error message that "Cannot open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by branquc, Aug 14, 2019.

1. branquc Win User

Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010

Hello, I would prefer to have my default email as Outlook. I have it set as the default but keep getting an error message that "Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened, The file C:\Users\Carin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\microsoft exchange.ost is not an Outlook data file." and "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete action."

Any ideas how to correct?

Thanks Carin

:)

branquc, Aug 14, 2019

2. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so
    I had all email accounts separate, but contacts all in 1 file. This was why I purchased 365- to not have 3 different contacts on 3 different PCs.

However, I am still unable to open Outlook 2010 on that PC. I guess I could reinstall it if I want the local version?

My question is this. Do I need to install Office 365 on my other PCs? I seem to get into it from them without additional installs. If I do install it, will it destroy Outlook 2010 on them too? Office 2010 and Outlook 2010 are on all PCs now.

Can I create an icon in task bar to open Office 365?

Thanks

Carlton and GailClough, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Outlook 2010 Not Responding with Windows 10

I have Office 2010 Pro. Installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and most of my apps seem to be working fine. However, Outlook 2010 loads very slowly, and while I am typing a 10 line email it may stop 3 or 4 times and the top says Outlook not responding. I've run Task Manager along side to see if I can catch another program taking CPU cycles, but have not seen anything major. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whiteferrari, Aug 14, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User
Thema:

Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010

1. Windows 10 Home / Microsoft 365 Pro - Cannot install Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Home Microsoft 365

2. Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home: Hello all! Thank you for being here. I want to know if it is POSSIBLE to create an Alias for Outlook 365 Home? I found information here about how to crate an Alias for a Business Account,...
  3. Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home: Hello all! Thank you for being here. I want to know if it is POSSIBLE to create an Alias for Outlook 365 Home? I found information here about how to crate an Alias for a Business Account,...
  4. Microsoft 365 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft 365 2010: I have paid for the Microsoft 365 2010 programs. However, it is not installed to my computer. I don't have a key to confirm my purchase. How do I get this corrected and get these programs on my computer? Thank you, Alita *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  6. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  7. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  8. Windows 10 & Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 & Outlook 2010: Just installed Win 10 and everything seems fine, one question though. In my old Internet Explorer I had a "Mail Button" on my browser that allowed me to access my mail and it had other functions, such as email a link etc. How can I get that back in Edge? is it even possible?...
  9. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: I am still looking for a fix for this problem - since I downloaded Windows 10, I am unable to 'unsubscribe' or follow any internet addresses from my Outlook 10. I know there is a fix because I have had the problem before, but I can't remember it. 24489
  10. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: After I downloaded Windows 10, my Outlook 2010 has a problem. I cannot follow a hyperlink from an email, nor can I 'unsubscribe' from a mailing list. The system advises that I do not have the right level of security. I had this problem over 12 months ago, and I was advised of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install outlook

2. install outlook 2010 on windows 10