Windows 10: Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I no longer have a logon on screen or a Lock option anywhere. I'm pretty sure this changed after the latest update. June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jkristia, Jul 6, 2018.

1. jkristia Win User

Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen

I no longer have a logon on screen or a Lock option anywhere.

I'm pretty sure this changed after the latest update.

June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112)

When I start the computer I get logged in immediately, and I have no way of lock the computer.

When me screensaver turns on, the screen goes blank, but as soon as it resumes I'm back in - even with the 'logon on resume' checked.

I created a test user, and only when I switch between that user and myself do I get the logon screen.

How can I enable this to work as it is supposed to work on Windows 10 Home edition ?

(I have Pro on my Surface and there it works correct)

:)

jkristia, Jul 6, 2018

2. Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired

The recent upgrade(s) of my Windows 10 Pro sees Version 1709 and OS Build 16299.19 loaded. My original settings of not seeing the lock screen picture not appearing on the logon screen has seen the lock screen picture not being displayed at all, instead it is just a plain colour. However if I allow the logon screen to appear on top of the lock screen picture, then the lock screen picture is visible. A change the picture, even to one of the defaults, it still doesn't work as desired.

Suggestions to resolve this issue welcomed.

trolleybus, Jul 6, 2018
  3. William Martz, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen - Similar Threads - Home Missing Lock

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  6. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  7. Lock screen customization unavailable in Windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen customization unavailable in Windows 10 home.: I am attempting to set a slide show of personal pictures for my lock screen. Unfortunately this option is greyed out in the settings window. A yellow message on top says " *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." This makes no sense to me since...
  8. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  9. Windows 10 Logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Logon screen: Hello guys, I want to make a new logon/logoff/security options/welcome screens on my Windows 10 to make it 3D, Futuristic and with different behavior I use a Windows 10 Home x64 HP Laptop...
  10. Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired: The recent upgrade(s) of my Windows 10 Pro sees Version 1709 and OS Build 16299.19 loaded. My original settings of not seeing the lock screen picture not appearing on the logon screen has seen the lock screen picture not being displayed at all, instead it is just a plain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home edition no longer locks screen upon boot