Windows 10: Windows 10 Home N

Discus and support Windows 10 Home N in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I purchase Windows 10 Home N from Microsoft? I have only seen regular versions of 10 Home offered on the site. I have an non-activated version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by V1LL1ANS, Aug 6, 2020.

1. V1LL1ANS Win User

Windows 10 Home N

How do I purchase Windows 10 Home N from Microsoft? I have only seen regular versions of 10 Home offered on the site. I have an non-activated version on my desktop, and from what I seen in threads here, a product key from a regular version of 10 Home will not work.

:)

V1LL1ANS, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Change from Win 10 Home N to Home

Hi,

Windows activation errors are specific to certain conditions. We need to consider several factors to address your concern. Please answer these questions:

• How did you install Windows 10 Home N?
    • Where are you currently located?
    • How did you purchase the product?

It's possible that the product key you have is not the correct one for the Windows edition you are activating. We suggest getting in touch with the source of the product to get the right key that will allow you to activate Windows 10 Home N on your computer.

You can also
    reach out to our Answer Desk team
    to inquire about your concern.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home N

Windows 10 home key for Windows 10 home n?

I have exactly the same problem. I recently had a hard disk crash so had to install a clean version of windows. I used the media creation tool as suggested by Microsoft to create a bootable USB from the ISO file. This was a game in itself and another
    story.

Running the media creation tool you are listed many versions of Windows 10, most of which I had no idea existed. Before I made my selection I checked what Windows 10 Home N was, and it transpires it was the reaction to the European Court ruling for bundling
    media tools. I knew about this and therefore I thought I understood from this which version I needed. I therefore selected Windows Home N being in the UK and part of Europe (sort of!).

The reality is quite different by the looks of it. The windows installation will not activate.

I do NOT agree with the stance on this thread by Microsoft. For me to reinstall the operating system yet again will also mean reinstalling and setting up all of my software again. As Windows 10 Home N and Windows Home are in effect exactly the same only
    the non N version has media player etc, and a free installation is available for the N version, why in Gods name should I have to go through a full reinstallation again??????? Especially as I did put some thought into the version I felt most appropriate from
    the list I had in front of me.

There is a MASSIVE assumption on the part of Microsoft that everyone knows all the ins and outs of all the versions they have, the reality is most different, and not from ignorance. I found out what N was and duly chose it thinking that is what I needed
    to choose for the country I live in.

I realise the frustration Microsoft endured with the European court, but why should the customer have to go on suffering as well. There has to be a way of linking Windows Home N and Windows Home versions for activation - THEY ARE THE SAME.

It is also important for you to understand that as consumers who base every day life on your products, that we cant idly sit and wait for activation servers. I need to activate my version of Home N installed via the media creation tool, and I don't want
    to have to go through yet another installation process. Please advise.

AndrewWoods_602, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home N

1. Windows 10 Home N - Similar Threads - Home

2. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  3. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  4. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  6. On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...

On Windows 11, Home window is "remove from recent" the same as "remove from quick access"...: Hope someone can helpKind regardsDoug Macey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows-11-home-window-is-remove-from-recent/9931c5ac-8bdd-4053-a8a6-2e4beb59306c
  7. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  8. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  9. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  10. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...