Windows 10: Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work)

Discus and support Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; New computer, can't bypass the login screen. Used netplwiz to uncheck box and gpedit to Enable "Do Not Display Welcome screen". Any ideas as to why... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by xmbk, Apr 7, 2019.

1. xmbk Win User

Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work)

New computer, can't bypass the login screen. Used netplwiz to uncheck box and gpedit to Enable "Do Not Display Welcome screen". Any ideas as to why this may not be working, or more importantly what I can do to rectify. Thanks!

:)

xmbk, Apr 7, 2019

2. netplwiz is frozen in Windows 10

Who set up the PC? Is it a factory install which came with both Administrator and Home User accounts? If the only account showing up in Account Settings (check under My Info and Family and other Accounts) is Home User then it may merely have unhidden the
    built-in Admin account which is normally hidden. To check this use the hide command in:

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

If this doesn't remove the Admin account then scour again all the Accounts setting pages to see if you see its listing.

In order to get netplwiz to work to hide the Log-in screen, it may require elevating the Home User account to Admin level.

How to change a Windows 10 user account type and why
    . This should unblock the settings in the wizard

See also
    How to Skip the Windows 10 Login Screen

and
    Disable login screen, netplwiz did not work | Windows 10 Forums

Please let us know how this goes. I'll keep working with you until it's fixed.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 7, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Skipping Windows Welcome Screen.

When I initially installed Windows, it used to skip the welcome screen and login. Now after many updates, drivers, etc... it goes to welcome screen. I have no password and only one account. This is for my HTPC, and I really want to right away load MCE, but this thing is the only hitch I have. I looked through user's in control panel, but there is no option to skip. How do you skip the Welcome Screen?

4. HK1000 Win User

Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work)

Window 10 disable lock/login screen

Hi,

I want to disable windows 10 lock/login screen. I have followed the steps by using netplwiz but it doesn't work:

How To Disable Login Screen In Windows 10

The above steps doesn't work I still see login/lock screen after restarting my system. I need to everytime enter my live password to login. I want to disable this. How ???

Thank you.

HK1000, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home need help with Skip Login screen (netplwiz and gpedit do not work) - Similar Threads - Home need help

2. Need help with windows 10 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help with windows 10 Login: Something is wrong with my Login on my admin account only. When I attempt to login to my computer the camera see and recognizes my face but wont load my account and just goes back to login screen. PIN wont work and it wont reset. The option for password is gone. Not even...
  3. How to skip windows 10 20H1 login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to skip windows 10 20H1 login screen: Dir Sir/MadamI have windows 10 v20H1 , command "netplwiz" changed so I can't use it for skipping login screenSo please how can I do it , before when using v19H2 I could use command "netplwiz" Thank youOsama Ali...
  4. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  5. Unable to skip login screen [win 10, pro]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to skip login screen [win 10, pro]: How do I skip the login screen? I tried the netplwiz and dont see the option to uncheck "require users to sign in with password". I also tried editing The option using the system services menus, But that didn’t work either. I am on windows 10 pro if that helps. submitted...
  6. Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working

Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuxify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8lany/disabling_login_via_netplwiz_not_working/
  7. Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?

Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?: I'm planning an xbox stealth build, and I'm using the xbox console companion app as a cover for the interface But when I boot, it takes me through the sign in screen, and desktop while the xbox app boots up How can I skip both?(jump straight to windows, and give the xbox app...
  8. netplwiz not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netplwiz not working: I tried all the solutions the internet had to offer to disable your password. Especially using netplwiz. It worked for a while, and I guess it doesn't work anymore. Help!...
  9. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...