Windows 10: Windows 10 home network.

Discus and support Windows 10 home network. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For years I have used a home network which was set up under windows 10. I have one computer which stores all the data and several that can access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Perry JCWilson, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 home network.

For years I have used a home network which was set up under windows 10. I have one computer which stores all the data and several that can access the "server" and use the data. Late 2019 I started to loose access to the public directory on the server computer from the other computers. I have been told that Microsoft wants to push people to use one drive to access shared data and not have it stored on a home network. How do I get my computers to share data without using OneDrive.

:)

Perry JCWilson, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Windows 10 home network.

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 home network.

1. Windows 10 home network. - Similar Threads - home network

2. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  3. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  4. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safety for a child when devices access internet on other networks - not at home. Also...: Hello, added child's mobile and laptop to Safety. Blocked unwanted apps/sites. Blocked app downloads on App Store. Will all this work when the child takes phone/laptop elsewhere and accesses another network? How can I prevent the child from downloading browsers other than...
  6. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  7. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  8. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  9. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  10. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing