Windows 10: Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been having to many "critical" and "warning" errors in my event log and i don't have the competence to interpret these.I wanted to see if any of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RuneS., Jun 11, 2021.

1. RuneS. Win User

Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log.

I've been having to many "critical" and "warning" errors in my event log and i don't have the competence to interpret these.I wanted to see if any of these were forwarded back to microsoft, but the "Forwarded events" list in the event log is empty.I have warnings about expired certificates, a rundll32 file that has a creation date in 2026 and other security warnings.Is there a way to make sure critical and warning entries gets forwarded back to microsoft?

:)

RuneS., Jun 11, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

windows 10 home and event logging

Hi,

For us to provide a suitable solution to your concern, we need additional information:

• What is the task that you're trying to run?
    • What was the even that you're trying to log?
    • Does it affect the PC's performance when this event is not logged?

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 11, 2021
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log. NTFSCompressEventLog.png

Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log. NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

4. Romel Ram Win User

event log question

Hi,

There are several factors that can cause this issue. For proper isolation, kindly verify the queries below:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows operating system is installed on your device?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the event log? Make sure that there are no personal information included.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home not forwarding events from event log. - Similar Threads - Home forwarding events

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  4. Windows Event Forwarding | HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Event Forwarding | HELP: Hi everyone, I am having trouble setting up the "Minimize Latency" delivery option in Windows Event Viewer because I don't know how to set up the batch size and other configurations. I did try the "Normal" delivery, which works. But, I want to learn how to set up a "push"...
  5. Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Event Viewer is a way to see all the logged events. However, […] This article Windows 10 missing events in the Event Log first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  7. Event 6008, Event Log.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....
  8. Windows Event Forwarding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Event Forwarding: I am attempting to setup source initiated event forwarding using two Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 computers. I completed the following steps, and continue to receive the message below. Collector Machine Open command line and run winrm quickconfig type y [Yes] for two...
  9. windows 10 event log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 event log: Hi, I'm having problems getting windows 10 to auto archive my event logs, the registry shows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Security DisplayNameFile REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\wevtapi.dll DisplayNameID REG_DWORD...
  10. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...