Windows 10: Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

Discus and support Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 Home (version 1803 - 17134.376) when logged in, ONLY appears of a typed password (not PIN and no fingerprint). NTB is the HP Probook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kyssling, Oct 25, 2018.

1. kyssling Win User

Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

Hello,
    Windows 10 Home (version 1803 - 17134.376) when logged in, ONLY appears of a typed password (not PIN and no fingerprint). NTB is the HP Probook G470.

I try update WIN, drivers from HP, delete fingers and PIN, create new (fingerprint reader working with no problem).

I try remove HP Protect Tools, use Windows Hello fuctionality. Still only typed password choice.

Will anyone help? Thanks

:)

kyssling, Oct 25, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 25, 2018
  3. After Windows update, finger print not able to read and unable to login as no password was set

Today after windows update my laptop is showing please enter pin number for finger print sensor. I am unable to login as no password was set finger print not able to read. Before windows update it was working ok . Can anybody suggest me way to login ?

Original subject: Windows 10 update

Moved from: ( Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC )

mangeshbhagwat, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

1. Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice - Similar Threads - HOME show login

2. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show all users windows 10 HOME login screen: I have Windows 10 HOME edition. I want to show all users at logon. Please assist Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-all-users-windows-10-home-login-screen/966a4e5d-d930-4e9c-a884-d20bdf4d38a8
  3. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  4. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  5. Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working: Hi, I have a Home Choice Proline Tablet/Laptop. The touchscreen screen worked all long, untill I stored the device away and when rebooting a while later the touch screen no longer responded. I tried following troubleshooting option via device manager by "HUman Interface...
  6. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin: Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add. [ATTACH]...
  7. finger print scanner on window 10 home is not working

finger print scanner on window 10 home is not working: OK so, when i first got this laptop , like 6 months ago, i would use the finger print scanner all the time to log in. but one day it just stopped working and i didn't pay attention to it. until recently I've tried to figure out why it wasn't working. so i went to setting but...
  8. I can not login with my PIN and scan finger

I can not login with my PIN and scan finger: Hello, a friend is not able to login to his laptop with his PIN and scanning his finger. He is able to login to his account.microsoft.com and he believe the Laptop-IBM that is listed under devices is the laptop that he tries to login. can he reset it or fix it?...
  9. Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice: Hello, Windows 10 Home (version 1803 - 17134.376) when logged in, ONLY appears of a typed password (not PIN and no fingerprint). NTB is the HP Probook G470. I try update WIN, drivers from HP, delete fingers and PIN, create new (fingerprint reader working with no problem). I...
  10. Login Account Choices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Account Choices: HI Group, I have 2 accounts. When I boot up, I get into one account or the other. What I want is to go directly to the screen where I have the choices of which account I want to go into. As it is, I have to go into the account that comes up and then switch users to get to the...