Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Not Updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Not Updating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been wanting to update my computer to Windows 10 1903 while it's currently at Windows 10 1709, but always says "A current driver on your PC may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Desiree Griffin, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home Not Updating

I've been wanting to update my computer to Windows 10 1903 while it's currently at Windows 10 1709, but always says "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." It doesn't tell me which driver is better. Also when I download the Windows 10 Update tool it restarts my pc and gets to 1% then automatically starts "undoing changes".

My Computer Information :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Inspiron 15-3567
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 078B
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 2.9.0, 1/17/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.1
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Off
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

:)

Desiree Griffin, Jul 9, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 Home Not Updating

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Not Updating

1. Windows 10 Home Not Updating - Similar Threads - Home Updating

2. Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.: Already tried to go in GPedit.msc and disable the hide settings option. Tried DSIM and SFC. Restarted a few times. Happened randomly. tried to go into Windows update using the start menu. Restarted Windows update service a few times.System Information-Windows insider. build...
  3. Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.: Already tried to go in GPedit.msc and disable the hide settings option. Tried DSIM and SFC. Restarted a few times. Happened randomly. tried to go into Windows update using the start menu. Restarted Windows update service a few times.System Information-Windows insider. build...
  4. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  5. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  6. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can Someone Help Me Error On Updating Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Someone Help Me Error On Updating Windows 10 Home?: So when i was updating my windows 10 home i'm already at 30% on updating the windows, this text appeared:"The system registry contains invalid file paths. Installation cannot proceed. This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignment would match...
  8. Can Someone Help Me Error On Updating Windows 10 Home?

Can Someone Help Me Error On Updating Windows 10 Home?: So when i was updating my windows 10 home i'm already at 30% on updating the windows, this text appeared:"The system registry contains invalid file paths. Installation cannot proceed. This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignment would match...
  9. Can Someone Help Me Error On Updating Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update

Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update: I am unable to connect my networked printers after Windows 10 Home forced an update to Windows 11 Home. I open files, go to network, click the computer that has the printers, locate the printers, click them. Gives the message "Operation could not be completed error...